• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016/2017 Demo Day Dates -

〽❄❅

It's October, let's get this party started -

BLUE MT 2/22/17 - According to Buckman's Ski Shop, demo's will be of the 2017/2018 gear.

EDIT - No Demo's at either of ELK MT's two winterfest days :[ discount lift tix only.

Last edited:

Quietman

Because that will be what the conditions will be like for 80% of the season in the east for most seasons. Groomed hard pack. Last year most of my days were on snow that was more like groomed ice. FRGR would have been an improvement! I wish for better but am a realist.

Jully

Because that will be what the conditions will be like for 80% of the season in the east for most seasons. Groomed hard pack. Last year most of my days were on snow that was more like groomed ice. FRGR would have been an improvement! I wish for better but am a realist.

True, but there aren't even really bumps or especially trees in play at Thanksgiving. If I'm looking for a hardpack ski I'd do it, but anything else is tough.

dlague

The early season demo days are worthless because coverage is often minimal, conditions can often be icy and there certainly aren't any trees in play. I think demo day mid winter under normal snow season conditions would be best - even spring would be nice.

Jully

Many mountains just use them as a marketing tool so they'll often be pre Christmas or in March. The spring ones are often pretty great though.

RISkier

What's the point of having a demo day when there are minimal trails open on man made snow in November ?

I think it's when most folks are buying skis. Folks may wait till later in the year to get good deals, but I think the bulk of the season is pretty early. I went to a kayak demo last spring. I don't recall the date but it was dang cold and I decided to not even try any boats. I talking with one of the reps and he said they did the demos that early in the year because that was the sales season.

drjeff

What's the point of having a demo day when there are minimal trails open on man made snow in November ?

Christmas and Hanukkah presents, especially while most shops stocks are still decent and they haven't started lowering dramatically their prices that the few times a year masses will gladly pay - with Thanksgiving Weekend now becoming a more and more popular ski weekend, manufacturers and retailers want to get their new products under the boots of as many people as possible as early as possible

machski

Also, there are limited manufacturer demo teams to go around. SR books early because they WILL have terrain available for it. Yes, the variety of terrain can be tough to come by. But most seasons I have been able to find some moguls to demo on. Powder obviously tougher, but it's New England. Heck, anywhere for demo days that is a crap shoot. I was in Big Sky last year when Powder Mag was out testing for 16-17 gear. Zero powder all week.

yeggous

Ski Haus (or Salem, NH and Burlington, MA) is having a demo day at Cannon this Thursday, March 23. Lift tickets and demos are $20 in advance, $30 the day of the event.

http://www.skihaus.com/customer-appreciation-demo-at-cannon-mountain.html

I've gone once in the past and was impressed. Their selection is excellent. They'll have reps from Atomic, Blizzard, K2, Nordica, Elan, Rossignol, Volkl, DPS and Black Crows!