• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 2016-7: It's On!

Tin

Your talking about the North ridge triple I believe. The canyon chair starts below lower East fall.

Sent from my LG-H901 using AlpineZone mobile app

Could of used it October 28th. Anyone heading up Monday or Tuesday for part 2?

14581472_10211393443536040_8551797778331045337_n.jpg

jaybird

This discussion comes up every year. K-Mart fan boys brag about getting early stair-serviced runs. Then they cry when everyone else is skiing top-to-bottom and they are stuck on the stairs and short fixed grip lift.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Have skied Cascade TTB already this year on 10-12" natural.
Yeah, we cried .. it was crappy.

The TTB constraint this year is mainly due to manpower.
Being attentive to FIS is job 1.

Let us know when your piss ant hill even opens.

Tin

Have skied Cascade TTB already this year on 10-12" natural.
Yeah, we cried .. it was crappy.

K early and late is great, no argument there. However, their policies on opening trails still sucks. They had the need to place 2-3 staffers at every roped trail to keep people on the ridge and a quick stop and look got a "Don't even think about it!" yell. I got "a warning" for poaching Powerline that day yet was asked "How was it?" by staff when hiking out of the Canyon area towards the base, such a joke.

dlague

K early and late is great, no argument there. However, their policies on opening trails still sucks. They had the need to place 2-3 staffers at every roped trail to keep people on the ridge and a quick stop and look got a "Don't even think about it!" yell. I got "a warning" for poaching Powerline that day yet was asked "How was it?" by staff when hiking out of the Canyon area towards the base, such a joke.
I have only been there once where North Ridge only was open and there happened to be a storm that delivered 11 inches. People were poaching all day and the ski patrol seemed to look the other way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

Poaching can be bad for your appendages. I know.

JDMRoma

Poaching can be bad for your appendages. I know.

Poaching the same trail 3 times may have been the issue. We were having way too much fun if I recall until the incident......

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jaybird

I got "a warning" for poaching Powerline that day yet was asked "How was it?" by staff when hiking out of the Canyon area towards the base, such a joke.

Powerline isn't worth the effort unless it's buried.
Patrol hate evac'ing gapers out of there.
If you had to hike Spillway, you need to wax better. :wink:

Shiffrin toured the course venue yestersday.
She's a Doll. :thumbup:

njdiver85

Any guesses to how the conditions will be on Saturday? Thinking of heading up for a few runs.

Madroch

Contemplating K sat just to get some turns-- but the potential crowd has me worried..

SIKSKIER

Any guesses to how the conditions will be on Saturday? Thinking of heading up for a few runs.
From the Mt Washington Obs:
Bad news:Temperatures will rise slowly today before the warmest air moves in overnight and tomorrow, likely raising the mercury above daily record highs Friday and Saturday
Good news:This system will then bring unsettled weather to the region over the weekend while leaving much colder temperatures in its wake on Sunday that will last into the next workweek.

drjeff

Killington passed snow control check this morning for the World Cup races! Game on!

Can't wait to see live in person Miichaela score her 1st World Cup GS win, on my birthday no less, a week from Saturday up at Killington! And my kids getting to participate in a finish area pre-race parade of Vermont Alpine Racing Association athletes before the 1st run will be a really cool thing for them as well!

Kuddos to the awesome snowmakers at K for pulling this off in what has been an often challenging last month or so of snowmaking windows and temps!!