• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG is Hiring

thetrailboss

Staff member
Go from armchair resort operator to the manager of one. Looks like they are looking for a GM.

Dear MRG Community:

The Mad River Glen Cooperative is currently looking for a new General Manager/Executive

Can you fill this chair?
Director. Please feel free to share this message as appropriate. Thanks for your help!

The Mad River Glen Ski Area, which has achieved a national reputation for its terrain, unique culture, and cooperative ownership, is seeking a highly-qualified and dynamic individual to serve as its General Manager/Executive Director. This position is responsible for supervising and integrating all areas of operations, including mountain and physical operations, personnel development, financial reporting, budgeting, strategic planning, philanthropy, and sustainability. The General Manager/Executive Director will supervise and have hiring authority for twelve department heads (both full time and seasonal), with a staff of 200 seasonal employees. The individual must recognize and embrace Mad River's culture, with its cooperative structure, minimal snowmaking, highly-loyal and committed community, and fundraising needs. This position reports to an elected nine-member board of trustees.

Qualifications:
The candidate should have ten years or more years of experience in the ski industry, business, or a related field, as well as a Bachelor's or advanced degree in business, or other field with relevant experience. Must have excellent leadership, management, and communications skills, be financially savvy, and able to direct ongoing operations and major projects concurrently. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders. Fundraising experience is a plus.

For more information go here: http://www.madriverglen.com/contact/employment-opportunities/general-manager

KustyTheKlown

i would love a job like that. i'm not remotely qualified. i've skimmed vail resorts job postings for legal dept positions and have considered it, but never actually pulled the trigger and sent a resume.

Edd

Trump may be available also.
"Make Mad River Glen Great Again"

"We're gonna build an interconnect with the Bush, the greatest interconnect you've ever seen, believe me.....and Sugarbush is going to pay for it!"

thetrailboss

Staff member
"We're gonna build an interconnect with the Bush, the greatest interconnect you've ever seen, believe me.....and Sugarbush is going to pay for it!"

I thought that Trump would not like Snowboarders?

Tin

He has a great relationship with snowboarders. You take a look at the inner cities where snowboarders live, you get no education, you get no jobs, you get shot walking down the street. Places like Afghanistan are safer than some of the inner cities where snowboarders live. They're living in poverty, their schools are no good, they have no good jobs, 58% of snowboarding youth is unemployed. What the hell do they have to lose?

He'll do great things for the snowboarding community.

(Pretty amazing you can just replace "African-American" or "your" when speaking to the specific group with any group you want and it works, great writing!)

KustyTheKlown

You gotta include "the"

Everyone other than white men is a "the"

The blacks, the hispanics, the women, the snowboarders

benski

Funny how Sugarbush is still considering putting the lift in but Mad River will never pay.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Funny how Sugarbush is still considering putting the lift in but Mad River will never pay.

It would only take one lift. Back to the future....

glenellenmap-1964-0000a.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Didn't realize that GE used to hold the crown for most vert in the east.

Would be interesting to fact check that....and compare it to Whiteface and Sugarloaf at that timeframe (late 1960's early 1970's).

I loved skiing Glen Ellen/Sugarbush North/Mount Ellen because of that vert, lack of crowds, great pitch, and good snow.

tumbler

Anyone know why Jamey resigned? I think it's much tougher job than a traditional resort GM because you have to deal with the board and all the shareholders.

AdironRider

So 10+ years experience and an MBA, for a niche hill (with a larger rep) in the Northeast? Seems like they are asking for big time talent and I doubt they will pay for it.

That level of qualification and I'm guessing the best candidates are looking out west or for better options on the East.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So 10+ years experience and an MBA, for a niche hill (with a larger rep) in the Northeast? Seems like they are asking for big time talent and I doubt they will pay for it.

That level of qualification and I'm guessing the best candidates are looking out west or for better options on the East.

Very true.