• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodging Recommendations near Mt. Snow

RISkier

Looking for lodging recommendations near Mt. Snow. Not looking for the ultimate bargain, nor the ultimate in luxury. Something comfortable, quiet, and clean for a couple of middle aged adults.

JimG.

Staff member
Since Snow is part of my Peaks pass I am also interested in this feedback.

Just interested in 1 night stays so your parameters work for me too.

skifree

snow lake lodge. midweek quiet/weekend is like animal house.

free breakfast. gets it done.

Edd

snow lake lodge.....gets it done.

Pretty much. Staying there is like time travel to the 80's. I've also stayed at the Grand Summit, which was not great but that was back in the ASC days.

I haven't had a good lodging experience in that region yet.

Whitey

I stayed at the Viking Inn in Wilmington, VT a couple of years ago while we skied MS. Good lord what a dump. Had to leave the windows open all night because there was no way to turn the heat down. It was like -10 degrees outside at night that weekend. The room smelled of mold and slow decay. In other words, it was exactly like what I expected a cheap, ski bum motel to be like. About the only thing that was good about it was you could grab the mountain shuttle right outside the hotel and didn't have to deal with driving/parking at the mountain. That and it was cheap. I'd rank it up there as one of the top 3 sh!ttiest hotels I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in some real dumps.

This was about 6-7 yrs ago, so they may have cleaned it up since then.

May give me an idea for a thread to start: What's the sh!ttiest place you've ever stayed in so you could ski?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The Lodge at Mount Snow is great. It's across the street street from Snow Lake, larger rooms and more modern than Snow Lake. Cheaper as well, I believe. Good hot tub indoors. Breakfast buffet is A+. Cooked to order in the shoulder season. Decent bar room at night that's connected to the rest of the hotel. Very nice views of the mountain. I can't rave about it enough. Snow Lake is good, but The Lodge beats it in all categories (minus pool).

njdiver85

Grand Summit would be my vote. Easy access to the slopes.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

natasatan

Grand summit is good for ease but expensive. The Lodge is the next best.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

RISkier

Thanks much for the helpful recommendations. Haven't booked anything yet but these look promising.

prsboogie

Old Red Mill in Wilmington pretty peaceful. Walking town - restaurants/shops.

Stayed there for the Brewers Fest and it was decent. Floors are crooked as hell and didn't help been drunk!! They had Fiddlehead on tap as well - Heaven!

BeanoNYC

Old Red Mill is my goto for mount snow if I don't have the wife or kids. With the family it's usually the Kitzoff or Matterhorn. Walk to restaurants and bars with ease.

jaytrem

Mt Snow Academy purchased the Matterhorn. So there's one less option.

Old Red Mill is my goto for mount snow if I don't have the wife or kids. With the family it's usually the Kitzoff or Matterhorn. Walk to restaurants and bars with ease.

drjeff

Mt Snow Academy purchased the Matterhorn. So there's one less option.

Yup, no more public lodging or the GREAT Polish buffet at the Matterhorn after Mount Snow Academy's purchase.

On a side not, while I am sad to see the Polish buffet go (seriously!) I am happy for the steps the Academy has taken forward, and am good friends with many people behind it's evolution the last few years, and could very well be a parent of 1 or 2 of their athlete's in the coming year or 2....

BeanoNYC

Yup, no more public lodging or the GREAT Polish buffet at the Matterhorn after Mount Snow Academy's purchase.

On a side not, while I am sad to see the Polish buffet go (seriously!) I am happy for the steps the Academy has taken forward, and am good friends with many people behind it's evolution the last few years, and could very well be a parent of 1 or 2 of their athlete's in the coming year or 2....

So what has become of Joe, Wanda and Andrew? Back to Trumble? Also what is the space being used for?