• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay VT Ski Rental - Available Co-Op Slot?

Dknelson

I'm getting a season pass to Jay and looking to join a co-op ski house/condo rental for 2016/2017 season.
I've just started looking and this is the first forum I've encountered that might be a good place to search.

Please share any information if anyone has/knows someone trying to fill a single share, or if you know of any good places to look.

Stats:
Single Male 54yo
Expert/Instructor Skier
Backcountry/Touring
Beginner/Novice Snowboarder
Live in Manchester NH

Thanks!
Dan

dlague

Welcome! I know you are looking for opportunity but hopefully you will contribute on other threads, post trip reports etc. Good luck!

Quick question - being from NH why not just get a season pass for Cannon? I grew up on Jay, however, the past few years I had a pass to Cannon they are like sister mountains IMO. Both are exposed, get windy and offer similar vertical and challenges. Jay has a little more size and probably has the edge with the tree skiing.

Dknelson

The Jay thing is a combined adventure with eiscl ski club at a really good rate, and I have other friends from the northern VT area that will likely be getting the pass--but I don't want to rely on them for lodging. My goal is to do more VT backcountry skiing, and Jay is just a part of it.

Cannon is great, my favorite NH ski area by far, and they give me a great professional discount with my PSIA certification. So for the money it's better for me to just pay as I go. It is within day trip striking distance from me.

LONGBOARDR

I'm getting a season pass to Jay and looking to join a co-op ski house/condo rental for 2016/2017 season.
I've just started looking and this is the first forum I've encountered that might be a good place to search.

Please share any information if anyone has/knows someone trying to fill a single share, or if you know of any good places to look.

Stats:
Single Male 54yo
Expert/Instructor Skier
Backcountry/Touring
Beginner/Novice Snowboarder
Live in Manchester NH

Thanks!
Dan

There are few open ski houses here in the JP area that you find common in other parts of the state.
I'd try the bulletin board at Sylvesters market in Montgomery although your more likely to find younger folks looking for a season work house with a lot more noise and crazy behavior.

One alternate may be the woodshed lodge in Jay on 242 just past town.
They may cut you a deal on a room and they have a hot tub and is close and quiet to everything.
John Engler is the owner and a nice guy.

Good luck