• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Resort Opening Dates

nycskier

Mountain Creek moved up their opening day and will now open Dec 14th!
Camelback opens Dec 15th
Shawnee opens Dec 14th
Mount Peter & Campgaw will open on Dec 17th

Madroch

Sundown in CT? While this topic in years past would have its own multi-page thread - we'll settle for this. Not that I have been paying too much attention but it seems like sundown has become more conservative or less aggressive in early season snowmaking recently. Granted weather has sucked- but they seem to have backed off some... could just be my perception.. or some local inversion... but they have missed some windows this year and last... whether that would have affected opening last year or this year can't say....

skinavy

Liberty updated finally, also Friday the 16th. 9:00, 8:30 1st trax for passholders.
Whitetail is 1/2 hour earlier- 8:30 / 8:00 1st trax.

I'll be on travel Thurs so will miss Roundtop's opening, but will be at Liberty.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Thunder Ridge with it's old-school air hogs + some Top Gun towers kicking Mohawk's arse and their super-duper Pole Cat fans! Thunder opening Friday, Mohawk Saturday.

My home hills are in business!

:beer: