• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mobile App

yeggous

nick seems to have lost interest here, why not make him an offer so you can take the user base and brand then revamp with all new apps and stuff? instant ad revenue i'd imagine.

I thought about it, but am not sure it would be a good move. The instant traffic also comes with the burden of a tech stack that is clearly not maintained.

Getting the mobile apps up was a big win. I rolled out a new graphic theme today, and that will take some more work to fine tune. I'm focusing on curating a base level of content and solidifying the infrastructure over the summer.

Come September I'm planning on a promotional push. There will be free skis giveaways, free lift tickets giveaways, an AMA series, etc. I already have tentatively arranged a date for a public ski demo day in December.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

gmcunni

Come September I'm planning on a promotional push. There will be free skis giveaways, free lift tickets giveaways, an AMA series, etc. I already have tentatively arranged a date for a public ski demo day in December.

think you'll do a summit type event(s)?

benski

nick seems to have lost interest here, why not make him an offer so you can take the user base and brand then revamp with all new apps and stuff? instant ad revenue i'd imagine.

Nick would be a fool for not selling for a reasonable amount. No idea what the cost/revenue of this site is but fixing this website and ski mrv seems to be a no brainer. Though the plain interface on the Alpinezone app is great for data. Works fine with 1 bar of 3g.

dlague

i'll be your neighbor in The Springs.

Cool, good for you - I am sure you will like the area! Lots of hiking, skiing is 1.5 to 2 hours away, whitewater rafting, lots of dirt biking, mountain biking etc. Strong outdoors mindset here - well all over Colorado.

Disclaimer - Yes I know all of these can be done in New England - just was more humid and buggy so we not as active and were beach goers when it did not rain.