• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powder Mountain Size Claims

Gnarcissaro

Loved the overall vibe at Powder. Paradise quad services the best lift served terrain, definitely.

It would piss a lot of people off, but putting a lift in to service Lightning Ridge (currently cat or hiking terrain) would be sick. Best expert terrain at the place. Then run the cat up to James Peak (currently hiking only after riding the Lightning Ridge cat.)

Hawkshot99

Loved the overall vibe at Powder. Paradise quad services the best lift served terrain, definitely.

It would piss a lot of people off, but putting a lift in to service Lightning Ridge (currently cat or hiking terrain) would be sick. Best expert terrain at the place. Then run the cat up to James Peak (currently hiking only after riding the Lightning Ridge cat.)
Not a bad idea. I did the cat to lightning ridge. The first time I did it is to this day the best ski run of my life. James peak looked great, but my skins were at home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

crank

Paradise Lift! Can (and have) spend an entire day skiing that pod. Yes the runout back to the lift is a gentle cruiser, but after skiing those trees all day on both sides of the ridge, the break is very much needed. Also, Powder Country has some nice advanced skiing, but I found the snow was a bit heavier in that area due to aspect.

Which aspect? Powder Country comes down on both sides of the canyon.

From the top of Hidden Lake chair down to the access road where the shuttle picked us up. It was very heavy and untracked so was quite the workout by the time we got to the bottom. Regardless, PowMow never fails to deliver!DSC07262.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
What I also found odd is they are planning on limiting adult season pass sales to 1,000 and day passes to 2,000 per day. Considering that their plan is to build 500 homesites, it would seem that 1000 adult season passes is a little limiting. 2,000 per day seems really limiting. Isn't deer valley's 7,500 per day limit?

Really? That is interesting. Looks like they are indeed going to make this an exclusive place for themselves and their friends.

benski

Really? That is interesting. Looks like they are indeed going to make this an exclusive place for themselves and their friends.

Nobody ever says they will keep those limits. The uphill capacity will be much higher so they might very well increase there limits on tickets and passes.

gostan

We spent a week in a condo nor PowMow last winter. We hit about 20+ inche of freshies. Inside the line is overall;; docile. Lightning Ridge is reasonless challenging, but the best of PM is the snow cat skiing and the tree skiing with a dirth of skiers and fresh lines days later. We broke it up with a day at Snowbasin and a day at Solitude. I would definitely return to this endless ski mountain

Last edited:
We did the snowcat to Lightning Ridge early in the day, but since we weren't familiar with the terrain, ended up skiing Big Kash down to the long, flat runout. It was a fun run, but would've liked to have had more challenging terrain considering the effort and cost (minor) of the trek. Saw the peak to our left, but weren't up for a long hike early in the day. A chair in that area would be incredible to open up terrain for all abilities though.....DSC07266.jpg