• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

BEWI Ski and Snowboard Shows

dlague

dlague

Ok the ski and snowboard show sucked in Colorado. It was in a big room and about 1/3 the size of Boston's Show. They claimed that it used to be bigger but attendance has dropped off dramatically. There were not many people there either - 30% fewer than last year which was also a record low attendance already. I think.people are not finding deals so why go any more.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Ok the ski and snowboard show sucked in Colorado. It was in a big room and about 1/3 the size of Boston's Show. They claimed that it used to be bigger but attendance has dropped off dramatically. There were not many people there either - 30% fewer than last year which was also a record low attendance already. I think.people are not finding deals so why go any more.

I think the trend we may be seeing is due to the pass deals out there. I know I did not attend either the NJ Ski Club Show or the Warren Miller film in Morristown because my destinations are set with buying the max pass, so I'm not scooping out deals and trying to get freebies from the areas. Now, maybe if the airlines were there giving a free and discount deals I'd be more interested.:grin: If you have an Epic Pass in Colorado and Vail Resorts aren't there kind of takes away some the motivation to go.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Wow. The Denver show does not have many ski areas coming.
Not only that but the give aways were generally if you booked a vacation or bought something. Loveland was doing a scratch ticket that resulted in a $35 early season lift ticket. You had to spin just to get a sticker at most booths and posters were practically non existent. Our youngest son put it best - "Wow this was lame, first time at a ski show where I walk out with practically nothing!". Wife was bored out of her mind. Stoke factor - 0.

Jully

Not only that but the give aways were generally if you booked a vacation or bought something. Loveland was doing a scratch ticket that resulted in a $35 early season lift ticket. You had to spin just to get a sticker at most booths and posters were practically non existent. Our youngest son put it best - "Wow this was lame, first time at a ski show where I walk out with practically nothing!". Wife was bored out of her mind. Stoke factor - 0.

That's so lame. At a minimum the show can be a fun thing to go to for just $10 or so to get stickers, posters, and generally get stoked. Sounds like Denver had literally none of that!

thetrailboss

Staff member

#winning

I guess they proved that a ski show can suck.

dlague

That's so lame. At a minimum the show can be a fun thing to go to for just $10 or so to get stickers, posters, and generally get stoked. Sounds like Denver had literally none of that!

Ski show is $15 @ window and $12 online with promo code.

Here is the sign up area for the liftopia gift card and free magazine subscriptions. This is a mob scene in Boston.

250f308ac2ea8bb2351081f9b1ed93da.jpg

Here is the hall - Very small.

1d766b3555720cf1b2ed3cebd3fa8b68.jpg

Smellytele

Going to the Boston show Friday. Not expecting much but i got the tix for $10 so with the liftopia $10 GC it is free besides gas and parking. I have gone for the past 8 or so years and it is good to kick start the season.

dlague

Going to the Boston show Friday. Not expecting much but i got the tix for $10 so with the liftopia $10 GC it is free besides gas and parking. I have gone for the past 8 or so years and it is good to kick start the season.

Well for what it is worth the Boston Ski and Snowboard Show is far superior.

I think due to the multi mountain passes that are pretty cheap relatively speaking, the mountain that are part of those passes feel they do not need to market in Colorado and have a bigger presence at the Boston Ski and Snowboard Show for vacation packages. The smaller (relative to the Colorado market) ski areas were all there since they need to pull from those bigger resorts. However some smaller places like Sunlight, Powderhorn, Wolf Creek were not there either, however, Loveland, A Basin, Granby Ranch, Eldora, Monarch, Purgatory, Cooper etc were there.

The funniest thing at the show was Silverton with a focus on protection had condoms at their booth! They had bumper stickers withe the following quotes "Snow makes me wet!", "Got Balls? Ski Silverton!", and "I love big dumps!". There was a girl that grabbed a condom packet and asked her mom what it was - moms face turned red.

SIKSKIER

The funniest thing at the show was Silverton with a focus on protection had condoms at their booth! They had bumper stickers withe the following quotes "Snow makes me wet!", "Got Balls? Ski Silverton!", and "I love big dumps!".
Haha.I used to have some condoms that had camo packaging like these.

Attachments

• camocondom.jpg
    camocondom.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 85

Jully

So the Boston show kicks off tomorrow. Who is planning on going and on what day? Do people feel there are better days to go than others?

prsboogie

Headed up Friday Morning with the family. The kids have the day off and what better way to spend an afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Bene288

I am going tomorrow, not sure what to expect as I've never been.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

dlague

I have gone on each of the days over the past 12 years. I found the the first day (Thursday) is often the lightest day but also the stingiest since they hold back on swag and lift tickets if there are any to give. The last day is tough too since some of the ski areas and others organizations have given out most of their stuff, That being said Sunday can also be good to get swag since they do no want to bring it back with them, Catch 22. Saturday is very busy as well as Friday night. Some booths have timed events so pay attention to that for example Killington had times set for giving away scratch tickets, Stowe had times where numbers were drawn if you are there you can win but if not they pick another number. Some 4 packs have limited number of sales and some early tickets sales are also limited like Bretton Woods.

There is a lot of fun stuff for kids like slack lines, trampoline stunt teams, skate boarding completions, skiing demos, video games, and of course posters stickers and other swag to pickup. Adults might enjoy that too!

It is a fun event. Obviously I will not be there so I will be looking forward to seeing the feedback,

SIKSKIER

And dont do as I did once and sign up for free drawings that had nothing to do with skiing.I recieved so much spam and phone calls I regreted it.