Crotched Mtn. 2016-17 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 200
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    Hiked up the hill today for the sunset and ski down and got a bonus as they had just finished grooming Moonwalk and Galaxy. Fresh corduroy was a nice surprise. Up top the cover is good, down low they need make more before they open. Not sure if they can get upper Meteor ready for Saturday, good luck to them!
    i went up in the AM and it was difficult with a thin breakable crust and cat tracks to negotiiate. Sounds like you hit the jackpot with the corduroy. I suspect the 36 hour snowmaking window which should begin by 8PM tonight, will offer more than enough time to fill in the thin spots to allow a Saturday opening.


  2. #12
    When they open on Saturday are they planning on being open regular night schedule as well. Would love to get up there Monday night

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    When they open on Saturday are they planning on being open regular night schedule as well. Would love to get up there Monday night
    Saturday, Dec 10 and Sunday, Dec 11: 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
    Monday, Dec 12-Thursday, Dec 16 1:00 pm-9:00 pm.
    Starting Friday Dec 17 we'll begin operating on a normal schedule, 9:00 am-9:00 pm daily.

    Check http://www.crotchedmtn.com/snow-report/ for Trails and pricing.

  4. #14
    Joshua,

    What trails do you think they will work on next and how soon? Thinking of heading over Sunday morning. It would be nice to have another route down from the summit in addition to Meteor and Galaxy

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Joshua,

    What trails do you think they will work on next and how soon? Thinking of heading over Sunday morning. It would be nice to have another route down from the summit in addition to Meteor and Galaxy

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    While I can't say for sure, they put some large whales on Satellite Summit before the big thaw. Still, I don't think it would take long to bring it on line. I would be surprised if there is more than that by this weekend. [although for trail count, they'll include Launch Pad (the Magic Carpet Hill)]

  6. #16
    Got in a dozen runs today before responsibility beckoned. Meteor, moonwalk and sat summit all skied well, definitely closer to death cookies than anything soft. Skied galaxy once, there were a few features. Guns running all day on magnitude, carpet area and under the triple - all looked ready to go. Guns may have also been running on the green above the double. The quad stopped an inordinate number of times, minimum once per run, often multiple times. Hopefully, just opening day issues. Never skied Crothched opening day before but it does become monotonous without plutos, jupiter and ufo.

    Did get the first draft beer of the season, mug club not ready until the new year.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Got in a dozen runs today before responsibility beckoned. Meteor, moonwalk and sat summit all skied well, definitely closer to death cookies than anything soft. Skied galaxy once, there were a few features. Guns running all day on magnitude, carpet area and under the triple - all looked ready to go. Guns may have also been running on the green above the double. The quad stopped an inordinate number of times, minimum once per run, often multiple times. Hopefully, just opening day issues. Never skied Crotched opening day before but it does become monotonous without pluto's, jupiter and ufo.

    Did get the first draft beer of the season, mug club not ready until the new year.
    Moonwalk and Satellite Summit got pretty skied off by 2PM, but a good first day. Looks like a reasonable start to what I hope will be a good season.

    The mountain personnel were also making snow on Velocity and Super Nova and with some snow due this week and a lot of snowmaking weather, CM may reach 100% open by Christmas.

  8. #18
    Crotched was pretty good today. Just a quick morning session cranking out 15 laps off the Rocket. It seemed like they had every employee on the mountain training today, so there were moments where there was swarms of skiers to avoid, but overall not bad. Never more than a five chair wait for the quad.

    Looks like a couple of runs off the double and the terrain park trail should open as soon as tomorrow. Hopefully there's enough water left in the pond to tie the main mountain over to the double. Per usual for this time of year it was looking a bit low.



    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

  9. #19
    Bostonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acton, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,214
    Hey DHS, I must have missed you got there around 11 for 6 runs myself and a quick lunch..


    Skiing for 2019-2020 - 9

    Gunstock: ​12/1/2019, 12/7/2019, 12/21/2019, 1/1/2020, 1/19/2020
    Mount Snow: 11/16/2019, 11/30/2019, 12/25/2019
    Tenney: ​1/25/2020


    Seasons Past:
    2018-2019
    - 20 Visits; 2017-2018 - 12 Visits; 2016-2017 - 23 Visits; 2015-2016 - 17 Visits; 2014-2015 - 20 Visits;
    2013-2014 - 19 Visits;
    2012-2013 - 13 Visits; 2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2010-2011 - 19 Visits;
    2009-2010
    - 16 Visits; 2008-2009 - 15 Visits

  10. #20
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,977
    Um, beer selection? Guys, include important details please.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:44 AM.