Crotched Mtn. 2016-17 - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua segal View Post
    I ran into the GM who had already seen your comments on moguls and assured me (and by extension, you) that moguls will be on the way.
    👍

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by joshua segal View Post

After the interchange about moguls on this thread, I ran into the GM who had already seen your comments on moguls and assured me (and by extension, you) that moguls will be on the way. The only question is: on how many trails? .
    Thanks for the update Joshua. I'll be around Crotched in the morning for a short session before departing for family holiday commitments in the afternoon. Hopefully I run into you

And lurking Crotched GM. I hope you're reading this. I love this news. I'll also say that us bump fans aren't greedy; especially with a smaller mountain. While multiple trails would be great, really just one season long dedicated bump trail that's well taken care of is all we're asking for. We want to show up at the mountain and know there's going to be bumps to ski. Just like those who like terrain parks want to know there's going to be a park to ski/ride pretty much all season long. Or those who want groomed slopes who want 90% of the hill groomed to perfection every morning. Half of UFO/Equinox all the way down to Shooting Star with well maintained bumps from Xmas week through the end of the season would be so well appreciated by your advanced skiers on the mountain. thanks

I 2nd that, with another small request. I realize that the fan guns don't quite reach across Pluto's to cover under the rocket. But a little groomer pushing snow to provide coverage would be really helpful when it is allowed to bump up. There are a couple of really sharp rocks that have taken a toll on my skis. That being said, lets hope for lots of natural so my request is moot!! Better yet, I want enough now to open the woods, then I won't give a crap about the groomers!
    Last edited by Quietman; Dec 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    Would be curious to know this as well as I plan to get my skis tuned before race league starts. I got my skis tuned from CM once before and was quite happy with the results.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I dropped mine at the rental desk to get tuned on thursday, said there was no one available but they could get them done overnight. Picked them up first Friday morning, cost was $30. I usually get them done at golf/ski in greenland, will say that golf/ski does a better job but they quoted a seven day turnaround when I called this week, not an option mid season.

I thought today was good, did not venture into the woods, Jupiter's was in much better shape than thursday. Brought my 70 year old dad, he was so impressed said he was going to buy a pass next year, don't think he has ever had one.

Good news on the bumps, even better to know that management is listening to their customers. Spent some time thinking about this today and despite my comments yesterday think ufo may be a better choice than Jupiter's for a bump run.
    Last edited by thebigo; Dec 23, 2016 at 11:24 PM.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Thanks for the update Joshua. I'll be around Crotched in the morning for a short session before departing for family holiday commitments in the afternoon. Hopefully I run into you

I always enjoy meeting fellow AZers and I'm at CM 95% of the days they are open. That being said, I have an 11AM appointment in Boston, so I will try to rip 3 to 5 runs in the 40 minutes I have this AM and hope to meet you another day.

Re: Bumps
    I must say, I am thrilled at the quantity of AZers calling for bumps. It's good that management knows that paying guests want them and not just a handful of (non-paying) instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

And lurking Crotched GM. I hope you're reading this. I love this news. I'll also say that us bump fans aren't greedy; especially with a smaller mountain. While multiple trails would be great, really just one season long dedicated bump trail that's well taken care of is all we're asking for. We want to show up at the mountain and know there's going to be bumps to ski. Just like those who like terrain parks want to know there's going to be a park to ski/ride pretty much all season long. Or those who want groomed slopes who want 90% of the hill groomed to perfection every morning. Half of UFO/Equinox all the way down to Shooting Star with well maintained bumps from Xmas week through the end of the season would be so well appreciated by your advanced skiers on the mountain. thanks
    Yes! All i need is half of a well maintained trail!

That is very exciting news though.

The base depths are really thin. Rocks, gravel, and dirt showing all over the place. They blew a bit overnight on Plutos. I would rather have seen them reinforcing the thin areas which are pervasive.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Curious about crowds today. I came close to going, but my hangover won the day.

Oh yeah, if anyone is a Mexican food fan, La Cabana in New Boston (not far from Crotched) does not suck at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Oh yeah, if anyone is a Mexican food fan, La Cabana in New Boston (not far from Crotched) does not suck at all.
    You are the second Crotched person this week to speak highly of that place. Crowds were typical of a weekend. Minimal line and only after the lift stops for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Thread Information