Crotched Mtn. 2016-17 - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Also hit CM today - beautiful corn in the am but too sticky post lunch. Longest wait @ the Rocket was 5 chairs at a few points - which I know is crowded for them. Bar was understaffed - which I guess was fine but they were down to 2 draft beers also. Watched the end of the B's game then split.

Good day to possibly end my season on.

IMG_0438.jpgIMG_0439.jpgIMG_0443.jpg

I was there 3 weeks ago at the finial night at the adult race league and the place looked grim, mother nature turned it around for a much longer season than expected after the February melt down

Quote Originally Posted by Brad J View Post
    I was there 3 weeks ago at the finial night at the adult race league and the place looked grim, mother nature turned it around for a much longer season than expected after the February melt down
    I completely agree. I got there at 2:45 today, what was cream cheese yesterday was mashed potatoes today. The woods were still great, maybe even better as the sun was shining and I could see the hazards. And the soft bumps on the groomers were really nice. Got one of the last chairs up, and took jupiters to solitude glades and for 4/2, it was great!. They are saying that they haven't closed the book yet, but next weeks weather aint too promising. Considering what conditions were like the weekend of 3/11, with only 1/2 coverage on Pluto's and bare spots everywhere, the conditions today were amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by SnoDevil97 View Post
    Bar was understaffed
    Been a problem all year. Sat there for 15 minutes waiting for a drink today, not an isolated event. As a whole the service in the bar is lousy, they are typically understaffed but I have also been one of a handful and still waited.

In all I am a huge crotched fan but they need to fix the bar service, it is well below industry standard.
    Last edited by thebigo; Apr 2, 2017 at 9:34 PM.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Not to be negative, we had a great weekend at crotched, 10 - 7 on Saturday and 9 - 3 today, hope they open next weekend but if they don't it will be remembered as the year my daughter learned to ski, looking forward to tigers next year.20170401_141159.jpg
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

In general it's just very difficult to staff F&B at ski areas. The hours and money is so inconsistent that it's hard to attract good help. That's why so many places import foreign help. Even a big resort like Sugarloaf is usually pretty understaffed on the weekends. Places that have a college nearby usually have a bit of an advantage. Crotched is just far enough from local schools and lacks a very compelling ski product to attract such staff. I always find it best to break early and beat the lunch rush.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    In general it's just very difficult to staff F&B at ski areas. The hours and money is so inconsistent that it's hard to attract good help. That's why so many places import foreign help. Even a big resort like Sugarloaf is usually pretty understaffed on the weekends. Places that have a college nearby usually have a bit of an advantage. Crotched is just far enough from local schools and lacks a very compelling ski product to attract such staff. I always find it best to break early and beat the lunch rush.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Lot of high schoolers seem to work there which is cool (though not necessarily the best help). Guy who did my season pass when I picked it up at CM early last month couldn't have been older than 18.

CM opening both days this wknd.
    Between Attitash going a week later and CM going 2 weeks later than normal you have to be impressed with Peaks right now.

Of course Mt Snow also going later than expected and Wildcat pushing for May

http://www.crotchedmtn.com/snow-report/
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

CM just announced on Twitter they'll be open 4/8 & 4/9. A bit surprised given the rain & warmth this week, but the mountain was pretty buried last weekend. I overheard a Manager telling someone the mountain had its most profitable season in a very long time, so perhaps they are in a charitable mood.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoDevil97 View Post
    CM just announced on Twitter they'll be open 4/8 & 4/9. A bit surprised given the rain & warmth this week, but the mountain was pretty buried last weekend. I overheard a Manager telling someone the mountain had its most profitable season in a very long time, so perhaps they are in a charitable mood.
    Profitable season is a good thing to hear

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information