• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 8.0

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Our 8th Annual AZ Summit is here!

Make sure you post in the Official Registration Thread (you need a minimum of 5 posts on AlpineZone) to make sure your name is on the list for the apres party, first tracks, and giveaways.

To see the official press release, (TBD)

All the details are below!
:fangun: AlpineZone Summit 8.0 at Sugarloaf Mountain :fangun:
February 10th - 12th, 2017

************************************************** **********​
Schedule of Events

Friday, February 10th

Friday Afternoon
Arrival/Check-In

9pm-1am
Welcome Party – Party in the Sugarloaf Hotel Penthouse with Nick and the AlpineZone moderators. Enjoy free food and beer!

Saturday, February 11th

8:30am-4pm - Skiing & Riding

• Explore Sugarloaf’s legendary terrain
  • Special Event TBD -

4-6pm - The AlpineZone Après Party

• AlpineZone Awards hosted by Nick and the moderators
  • Sign up for Sunday Morning First Tracks – first come first serve (limit of 75)
  • Live music
  • Free appetizers for AZ members

Sunday, February 12th

7:30am
Complimentary First Tracks at the Sugarloaf SuperQuad
Limited to 75 people who reserved their spot at the AlpineZone Après Party.

8:30am
Lifts open for non First Tracks skiers

************************************************​
Ski & Stay Packages

These are some killer packages. Two nights lodging, two days of skiing, welcome party, après party, and First Tracks starting at $145 per person for the weekend!

Guests should call 800-THE-LOAF and ask for the AlpineZone Summit Rate.

Please note, there are two tiers of pricing. First tier is limited to the first 120 reservations, so get those registrations in!

Tier 1 - January 4th Cut-Off ! (Limited to 120 Reservations):

• Condominiums - $145, per person (based on maximum occupancy)
  • Sugarloaf Inn - $193 per person (based on double occupancy)
  • Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel - $280 per person (based on double occupancy and includes breakfast)

Tier 2: (After January 4th, or when initial reservations are full)

• Condominiums - $TBD, per person (based on maximum occupancy)
  • Sugarloaf Inn - $TBD per person (based on double occupancy)
  • Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel - $TBD per person (based on double occupancy and includes breakfast)

All packages include:

• 2 nights lodging
  • Saturday and Sunday lift ticket
  • Access to the AZ Summit 8.0 Perks
  • Friday Welcome Party
  • Saturday Apres Party
  • Sunday First Tracks (first 75 people at the Saturday Apres Party)\
  • Condo & Inn guests get the use of the Sports and Fitness Center
  • Hotel guests receive a breakfast with their package and use of the hotel spa facility
*Maine state taxes and resort fees extra.

Chuck'd

Is there a non-lift ticket price, I have the Max Pass and would love to get up there for a weekend.

powdahbonz

I saw this last year and the weekend didn't work. This year I'm in, although I don't have any posting activity. Is there a way to be vetted by admin''s in order to participate?
Thanks Nick
PowdAHHH

ScottySkis

I saw this last year and the weekend didn't work. This year I'm in, although I don't have any posting activity. Is there a way to be vetted by admin''s in order to participate?
Thanks Nick
PowdAHHH
Just post 4times and your in I think.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

powdahbonz

Has the early reservation been cutoff yet?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Pretty sure nick said Jan fourth in the OP

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

powdahbonz

Just wasn't sure if the 120 person limit had been reached before the 1/4 deadline

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

FreeShred

Is there a non-lift ticket price, I have the Max Pass and would love to get up there for a weekend.

I called and asked this question: If you're booking a condo, and assuming you fill the condo, you save around $50 per person who uses their Max Pass or Season pass and doesn't require the two day lift ticket.

Jcb890

Damn, I'm late to the party here... what are the details on the condo lodging? I'd love to get up to Sugarloaf but a day trip is much too far, but we've got the MAX Pass and don't need lift tickets.

I guess I should probably just call huh?

Jcb890

We just booked a condo for 8 people. There were still plenty of available units.
If my wife and I booked as a couple, would we be put into a condo with a bunch of other people? Are they all multiple bedroom units? Any good insight for me? Thanks!

SkiVTMEgirl

Hi Jcb890,

I believe you would need to put a group together, and that Sugarloaf won't "set you up with a group". There are probably condos that can accommodate 4 people. There are also hotel rooms that are discounted for Alpine Zone. I would call the resort. The reception at sugarloaf is super helpful in finding you the best lodging for your needs. Just tell them you are looking for lodging with as part of the Alpine Zone summit. We were originally 4 then 6 then 8, and they gave us pricing for each.

Jcb890

Hi Jcb890,

I believe you would need to put a group together, and that Sugarloaf won't "set you up with a group". There are probably condos that can accommodate 4 people. There are also hotel rooms that are discounted for Alpine Zone. I would call the resort. The reception at sugarloaf is super helpful in finding you the best lodging for your needs. Just tell them you are looking for lodging with as part of the Alpine Zone summit. We were originally 4 then 6 then 8, and they gave us pricing for each.
Thank you for the info. Maybe I'll have some time to give them a call tonight. How far away is your condo? Is it ski-in/ski-out or a short drive to the mountain?

SkiVTMEgirl

All the lodging available through the summit is "ski-in ski-out" or a very short walk to the lift or a nearby trail. There is also a free shuttle that goes all over the base area and around the different lodging areas and rec centers.

Jcb890

All the lodging available through the summit is "ski-in ski-out" or a very short walk to the lift or a nearby trail. There is also a free shuttle that goes all over the base area and around the different lodging areas and rec centers.
Oh, cool. Sorry for the 20 questions, we've never been to Sugarloaf but are hoping to get up there this season.

katie0406

Hi Nick,

Do you have any information on Ski Rentals? Do we need to reserve these in advance?

bigbog

I have lodging & lift tix(Pass)....but would look forward to associating some AZ usernames with people. Nick(or anyone)...what are some times to shoot for to hit both Friday's Welcome Party and Saturday's Apres Party with actual AZ people present and not just the janitors:lol:

mmtaylor

Thanks for asking, I am wondering the same for two friends who are hoping to attend. We have two 10-person condos booked (talk about party central) but they are looking into one for themselves as well.