Cannon 12/10/16

AlpineZone

Thread: Cannon 12/10/16

Camera Cannon 12/10/16

IMG_1065.jpg

First day out for me. I broke a bone in my hand playing hockey in early October and just got out of the brace on Friday. Since this is was the last weekend my Bold & Beautiful pass would work on a weekend until March I was determined to get up there. Since my hand is still tender I didn't attempt ungroomed anything yesterday (Vista, etc) but hit pretty much everything else. Cold day, I didn't check the temps when I arrived but when I left around 1:00 it said 10 degrees on my car gauge. Cloudy to start but it gradually was clearing as the morning went on.

It was busy but not crowded if that make sense. So the lodge area was busy but no wait for more than a few chairs at most. Cannon has been bragging about its new snowmaking capabilities and I can see why. Great variety and nice coverage for so early in the year. I was solo yesterday so spoke to several people on the lifts and people seem pretty pleased with the early season conditions and the improvements. Folks seemed particularly happy with how much quieter the new guns were operating. Hopefully, the good start they are off to is a sign for a better season for them than last.
    2018-2019: 36
    Sunapee 11, Pico 10, Wachusett 5, Stowe 1, Killington 1, Cranmore 1, Skiway 2, Whaleback 1, Cannon 1, Black Mountain NH 1, Otis Ridge 1, Nashoba Valley 1

2017-2018 season: 43, 2016-2017 season: 43, 2015-2016 season: 27, 2014-2015 season: 29, 2013-2014 season: 25

I was at Cannon today,Sunday. Fantastic coverage. The new guns and cold temps are making really nice stuff. Quiet under foot. Everything off the summit was awesome. Paulies opened up with an INSANE amount of blown snow that made for some fun bumps.

I didn't realize how big of an impact this new snowmaking investment would make. As a Cannon regular I'm thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by redwinger View Post
    I was at Cannon today,Sunday. Fantastic coverage. The new guns and cold temps are making really nice stuff. Quiet under foot. Everything off the summit was awesome. Paulies opened up with an INSANE amount of blown snow that made for some fun bumps.

I didn't realize how big of an impact this new snowmaking investment would make. As a Cannon regular I'm thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I am happy to hear that especially for the Cannon regulars here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by medfordmike View Post
    IMG_1065.jpg

First day out for me. I broke a bone in my hand playing hockey in early October and just got out of the brace on Friday. Since this is was the last weekend my Bold & Beautiful pass would work on a weekend until March I was determined to get up there. Since my hand is still tender I didn't attempt ungroomed anything yesterday (Vista, etc) but hit pretty much everything else. Cold day, I didn't check the temps when I arrived but when I left around 1:00 it said 10 degrees on my car gauge. Cloudy to start but it gradually was clearing as the morning went on.

It was busy but not crowded if that make sense. So the lodge area was busy but no wait for more than a few chairs at most. Cannon has been bragging about its new snowmaking capabilities and I can see why. Great variety and nice coverage for so early in the year. I was solo yesterday so spoke to several people on the lifts and people seem pretty pleased with the early season conditions and the improvements. Folks seemed particularly happy with how much quieter the new guns were operating. Hopefully, the good start they are off to is a sign for a better season for them than last.
    Nice pic. The cover looks good from that POV.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information