• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts Sells 650,000 Epic Passes

FBGM

You guys drink the kooool aid pretty good.

Lets start with the eats...you go to lunch at Mothership Vail or new Park City lodge, you will blow a $50 bill.

Lets go to the ski side of the junk show. We will start with the good skiing. Kirkwood is rad. Has not been turned into Walmart yet. Abay is small, but still good stuff to ski. Oh how bout we go to Breck...the flattest groomer fest there is in CO...yawn. Lets ski 20 degree groomers all day and wait at bottom of main 6 packs for 45min and pay $165. Mothership Vail is just as bad until you get to Blue Sky...sick, just in time to come back through the junk show at days end. Park City is Traverse City except for Jup. Canhole..cough, Park City new is a fucking spider web of lifts...takes you 3 lifts just to start skiing. Sounds sick. Lets pay $120 a day for that. How about N*. Thats the Breck of Tahoe, flat and boring, but you get a sick village and low elevation flat skiing in the rain. Sign me up.

But hey, this site is made by Joey in Jersey and Billy from Texas. Same shit. You all love your condos and weekend vacations from the flat lands to New England. And your one vacation a year to Walmart makes everyone on here an expert. But hey, I know you skied Keystone 4 days last year and drank the kool aid and got that Epic Mix 20,000 vert in so you know it all. You keep it up. Pack those slopes and pay for that parking. Sit in your Jersey offices and bang yer heads to get that moneys and pay for that Epic Pass.

Gots no beef like some yous thinks. Just know a lots about ski areas. More then Im sure you weekend ski dads think.

Off to do real skiing. Don't let the poma slap yer nuts on the way by.

snoseek

Weekend ski dads are a bad thing?

You on a coke binge or something?

mbedle

"Gots no beef like some yous thinks. Just know a lots about ski areas. More then Im sure you weekend ski dads think."

I am dying here this morning. I literally just threw my hands up in the air when I started reading this.... Thank you so much for writing that, PS - Arapaho Basin is not Vail, just an FYI. Hate to have you say that to someone else and come across looking like a "Weekend Ski Dad"

jimk

Oh how bout we go to Breck...the flattest groomer fest there is in CO...yawn..

I SMELL A PHOTO OP :dunce:

South Col, Peak 6:
853e8ea9_CopyofDSCN0603.jpeg

Zoot Chute, Peak 8:
4b7d9bf7_CopyofDSCN5288.jpeg

Needles Eye, Peak 9:
1000x1000px-LL-7cc421bf_CopyofDSCN0773.jpeg

Mustang, Peak 10:
fdc80790_CopyofDSCN5417.jpeg

Windows, Peak 9:
LL

And Vail offers gas BBQ grills at several scenic locations on the mtn for free DIY grilling and BYOMeat.

jimmywilson69

I've not skied Peak 6 (wasn't open yet) or Zoot Shoot. But I can tell you the other 3 are legit expert runs. Windows are awesome. Mustang, Blackhawk are too except for the long runout

dlague

I SMELL A PHOTO OP :dunce:

South Col, Peak 6:
853e8ea9_CopyofDSCN0603.jpeg

Zoot Chute, Peak 8:
4b7d9bf7_CopyofDSCN5288.jpeg

Needles Eye, Peak 9:
1000x1000px-LL-7cc421bf_CopyofDSCN0773.jpeg

Mustang, Peak 10:
fdc80790_CopyofDSCN5417.jpeg

Windows, Peak 9:
LL

And Vail offers gas BBQ grills at several scenic locations on the mtn for free DIY grilling and BYOMeat.
I am looking forward to some of this stuff.

I think it is funny how people dish on ski areas. Keystone was related to Bretton Woods before I skied there last February and they are nothing alike. The blue runs are steeper and the black bump runs are legit. Trees are awesome in the Outback and the Cat skiing I am looking forward to.

I am enjoying everything thus far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

FBGM

Congrats to Jerr Jerr for finding the low angle "steep" packed out Bowles of Breck. Make sure you take some more pics for your twittergram so everyone can see how rad you are. #fail

Jully

Congrats to Jerr Jerr for finding the low angle "steep" packed out Bowles of Breck. Make sure you take some more pics for your twittergram so everyone can see how rad you are. #fail

I'm just really confused as to what everyone on this forum did to you to incur such anger and hatred.

FBGM

Did anyone make the west plane fly to get epic over the holidaz? Was there more people or snowflakes when you did the skiings?

dlague

Did anyone make the west plane fly to get epic over the holidaz? Was there more people or snowflakes when you did the skiings?
We skied Christmas on the Epic Pass at A Basin and had the place to ourselves. We also skied 12/30 at Breck and while a couple of lift lines were about 10 minutes the crowds have not been that bad. I have been watching the lift line time on Epic Mix and never saw lift line e times that were that bad.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app