Where are you skiing today! - Page 36

AlpineZone

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Where are you skiing today!

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    I was on the chair at 8 AM today at Mt Ellen and the conditions were amazing
    Agreed, everything was amazing. Took a few pictures

Hammerhead

Brambles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics from Mt Ellen today...nothing like a powder day and having trails to yourself. It's still snowing hard here at the base of Mt Ellen at 7 PM.

Magic today. Fantastic powder everywhere, of course. Snow was a bit dense, presumably due to wind, which is not a bad thing as it provides a more robust base and Magic was clearly down to bare ground in many places before the storm. As it is, it's pretty easy to hit bottom on the steepest pitches, but most other places the rocks, etc., are easily avoided. Favorites were Witch, Twilight Zone, Heart of the Magician, and Sorcerer. Goniff had too many lurking rocks for me. Didn't ski Black Line, but looked a bit rocky.

Skied one woods run and didn't try again. Some powder turns, but lots of hidden obstacles. Definitely not for the risk adverse.

Pico tomorrow!

After a cold, brutal but fun weekend up north. I stayed local and skied Berkshire East the last couple days. There were a few rocks but the skiing did not suck! Lots of powder to go around!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Snow!

Where are you skiing today!

Rolling out the driveway for wildcat!

Edit. At the Cat now. Tan/tellow jacket, light grey pants, orange/red skis in case anyone else is here and wants to say hello.
    Last edited by SkiingInABlueDream; Mar 16, 2017 at 7:17 AM.

Pico. 6" more inches last night, 32" since Tuesday and they have been closed. Should be nuts.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Work schedule was favorable today. Was going to do Mountain Creek on Max but decided I had a better chance of bumps at Camelback which is what I really wanted to work out on. Think I guessed right as Cliffhanger was a sea of moguls from top to bottom. Even a showoff set (every mountain needs a showoff set of bumps) just above the Hotel and Trails End Restaurant. A nice way to start off the Spring trip out west as conditions were outstanding. On to the silver bird tomorrow.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Plattekill tomorrow, $45 tickets walk up. Place opened for skiing Wed and has been closed since. They got an additional 6" last night.

Originally thought of going to Gore, but Gore got a lot less snow and it's 45 minutes further from home. No brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Plattekill tomorrow, $45 tickets walk up. Place opened for skiing Wed and has been closed since. They got an additional 6" last night.

Originally thought of going to Gore, but Gore got a lot less snow and it's 45 minutes further from home. No brainer!
    Platty was open today because someone rented it out. Can't imagine they tracked it up too badly. Place looked pretty empty on the webcams.

Pico was incredible today. Knee to thigh deep Utah quality snow. I was very surprised how much less dense the snow was compared to Magic yesterday. I'm guessing it has something to do with wind exposure.

Thread Information