• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

xwhaler

4b01c778b572274f701bee23ab9e9e85.jpg
78b360fe91defc2a477a4e5dff10feed.jpg

Ragged doesn't suck

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

puckoach

Heading to Bretton Woods today, Sunday 4-2

Update, next day.

Great coverage. I would think the net snowfall was 4".

Skied great 8am - 10:30ish. Warmed up a little, and turned dense.

Should be good cover there for awhile longer.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

1491233695551.jpg

Mt Snow nice spring skiing but I have a pretty bad cold so its gonna be a short day. Had a midweek voucher to use this season.

North Face is pretty fun today... Will head over there for a few more and call it a day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AlpineZone mobile app

skimagic

View attachment 22358

Mt Snow nice spring skiing but I have a pretty bad cold so its gonna be a short day. Had a midweek voucher to use this season.

North Face is pretty fun today... Will head over there for a few more and call it a day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AlpineZone mobile app

Also at Mt snow, sun just burst out full force. Here's jaws

IMG_20170403_142108926.jpg

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Jaws was the run of the day... best bumps.

Stopped skiing at 1:00 as 4 hours was enough with a sore throat and dripping snot. Was getting a little mushy/sticky for the last run but this morning was A+ spring skiing starting on the main face and then over on North face once it softened up.

sankaty

Okemo was sublime Saturday and Sunday. It was one of those weekends when you could drop into the troughs on all the bump runs without worrying about it being slick or bare. Trees skied great, too. Saturday was a midwinter-like dense powder day. Sunday was more springlike, with soft bumps. It hand't really corned up yet, so lower elevation and south facing slopes got a bit sticky, but north facing slopes were buttery soft. No lift lines at all.

I've really been enjoying Okemo as a place to ski with not-so-advanced family and friends. I was really enjoying the Black Hole to Eclipse route, and Rolling Thunder is a fun, mellow-pitch bump run. My kids are into bumps but are still developing technique. The lower pitch bumps are great for building confidence and honing skills.

Okemo gets knocked for being flat and overly groomed. They certainly do groom a lot, but the bumps and trees at Jackson Gore compare favorably to Stratton and much of Mount Snow. Stratton can be annoying in spring if the trees are melted out and they've closed Bear Down as there is not much ungroomed to ski. The North Face edges out Jackson Gore for steepness, but not by a lot outside the one steep pitch on Ripcord.

Killington and Pico obviously have much more challenging terrain nearby, but Okemo has its place.

Okemo trees on Saturday:
7BHrHVm.jpg

Last edited:

skicub

Sublime at Sunday River today 4/5!

Tons of powder on top of the groomed foot+ from the weekend, with 2-4 fresh down below and even more higher up! Started with first tracks at North Peak and Barker and then Lapped white heat 10 times cuz it was so damn good. Wildfire was ungroomed and gnarly, but very soft and pillowy powder. No western Peaks, but still plenty of skiing and few crowds if you avoid the British Teens on holiday swarming South Ridge. Socked in up top, but otherwise reminded me of a snowy February day at Pico. Deep drifts for April, and a wonderful day. Probably MY last day at The River for the season, but they will be skiing till May for sure! ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1491446172.387943.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1491446191.096846.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1491446203.119280.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1491446222.220796.jpg

the cubbiest skier you've ever met