• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

Rambo

Cornhead and I skied Belleayre on Sat. 4/16/17. Great Sunny Warm, Bluebird day. Spring conditions, corn snow, not to mushy or stcky or grabby. Nice bumps. Stopped at famous Brooks BBQ in Oneonta on the way home.
Yahoo
GEDC3735.jpg

GEDC3771.jpg

GEDC3757.jpg

Cornhead
GEDC3773.jpg

GEDC3786.jpg

Domeskier

Cornhead and I skied Belleayre on Sat. 4/16/17. Great Sunny Warm, Bluebird day. Spring conditions, corn snow, not to mushy or stcky or grabby. Nice bumps. Stopped at famous Brooks BBQ in Oneonta on the way home.
Yahoo

Nice! Wish I hadn't decided against it.

Cornhead

4f91033d1eda89ba2f348a448d0ed011.jpg

Ha, my good deed for the day, that lady lost her pole over the edge of the trail somehow, I was able to retrieve it with my pole.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Madroch

Skied Stowe 4/14- great day...all the headwalls open with usual choke points- surprised if the headwalls lasted the weekend. Plenty of snow still in woods and trails with favorable exposures.Couple of quick pics..
54f5466b61b85d3d9967b170ff06227b.jpg

77734f181dcd6ff55d7746c54c529523.jpg

9dbe032ce5ba3b52e18ab283c9025bfe.jpg

270d0ff4d3918c8df737ebba9130a8f3.jpg

3ca4ddc0993ae2d6104baa65bc55511c.jpg

Rambo

Skied Killington on Tues. 4/18/17. Lift tics are $75... But if you show a seasons pass or a lift ticket from another ski area you get 50% off midweek and 25% off on weekends. So I bought a lift ticket on Tues. for $37.50. Great spring conditions - Sunny, warm, corn snow.

Superstar was groomed but lower part bumps up fast in the sunny warm temps.
GEDC3825.jpg

GEDC3792.jpg

Highline
GEDC3814.jpg

GEDC3818.jpg

dlague

Skied Killington on Tues. 4/18/17. Lift tics are $75... But if you show a seasons pass or a lift ticket from another ski area you get 50% off midweek and 25% off on weekends. So I bought a lift ticket on Tues. for $37.50. Great spring conditions - Sunny, warm, corn snow.

Superstar was groomed but lower part bumps up fast in the sunny warm temps.
View attachment 22506

View attachment 22507

Highline
View attachment 22508

View attachment 22509

Superstar looks to have a lot of snow on it which is good, but that area around the second tower in the picture melts fast not sure if it will make it another month and a half - I am sure they will push snow around if they can. Hope they make it!

Rambo

Zoomed in on the pic of Superstar taken on Tues. 4/18. This was groomed in the morning but bumped of fairly fast on a warm sunny day. Consider how big these bumps would/will get on a weekend day with many more skiers.
418kton.jpg

urungus

Zoomed in on the pic of Superstar taken on Tues. 4/18. This was groomed in the morning but bumped of fairly fast on a warm sunny day. Consider how big these bumps would/will get on a weekend day with many more skiers.
View attachment 22510

Especially since the Bear Mountain area will not be reopening this weekend as scheduled. (No snow remaining on connecting trails.)

Domeskier

Superstar looks to have a lot of snow on it which is good, but that area around the second tower in the picture melts fast not sure if it will make it another month and a half - I am sure they will push snow around if they can. Hope they make it!

Looks a lot better than it did last year this time and they made it to (an early) Memorial Day. Highline was closed by now, if I'm recalling correctly.

Jcb890

Yup, Superstar gets bumped up and bumped up pretty big, pretty early. If you get there right when lifts start spinning, it won't take more than a couple of hours before its getting bumped up... at least when Killington is down to only spinning the Superstar Quad. Certainly makes us snowboarders work, but it is good fun.

We might head up on Sunday to use the last of our MAX Pass tickets at Killington since this might be the last weekend there's terrain my wife can still handle (blue squares). Cascade and East Fall are both still open as well it looks like, so I assume/hope those will be groomed for Sunday AM. Maybe I'll try and get her over to Skyelark and Bittersweet also (blue squares) instead of just Great Northern. Right now it looks like Double Dipper is open too, but I'm assuming that's all moguls and not groomed - I'm sure the glades aren't in play either unfortunately.

urungus

Yup, Superstar gets bumped up and bumped up pretty big, pretty early. If you get there right when lifts start spinning, it won't take more than a couple of hours before its getting bumped up... at least when Killington is down to only spinning the Superstar Quad. Certainly makes us snowboarders work, but it is good fun.

We might head up on Sunday to use the last of our MAX Pass tickets at Killington since this might be the last weekend there's terrain my wife can still handle (blue squares). Cascade and East Fall are both still open as well it looks like, so I assume/hope those will be groomed for Sunday AM. Maybe I'll try and get her over to Skyelark and Bittersweet also (blue squares) instead of just Great Northern. Right now it looks like Double Dipper is open too, but I'm assuming that's all moguls and not groomed - I'm sure the glades aren't in play either unfortunately.

Bottom half of East Fall was in rough shape today. Highline was pretty bad too. Ovation required long muddy walk over to Superstar halfway down. On the bright side, plenty of snow remaining on Cascade (at least until the runout) and Superstar. Rime, Reason / Upper East Fall, Upper Double Dipper all in reasonable shape.

Jcb890

Was too tired and not feeling well when I got up this AM so we bailed and slept in. It looks like Killington's main trails off of K1 may stay open through next week.

How do Cascade and Great Northern look?

drjeff

Was too tired and not feeling well when I got up this AM so we bailed and slept in. It looks like Killington's main trails off of K1 may stay open through next week.

How do Cascade and Great Northern look?
K announced today that its the last day of operation for K-1 for the season - based on the farming I saw they had to do to get the run out from the bottom of Canyon Quad back to KBL and also on some of the connectors from Northridge over to Snowdon yesterday, and the forecast for this week, doesn't really surprise me.

Cascade will be skiable with a hike in/hike out next week for sure, and you could likely via the stairway get down and back to the Northridge pod next weekend, but other than that, it looked like a fair number of connecting meltouts are imminent in the temps later this week.

Still a ton of snow on Superstar and Skyelark, and Bittersweet with a little pushing of snow in a couple spots should be good to go next weekend as well

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

K announced today that its the last day of operation for K-1 for the season - based on the farming I saw they had to do to get the run out from the bottom of Canyon Quad back to KBL and also on some of the connectors from Northridge over to Snowdon yesterday, and the forecast for this week, doesn't really surprise me.

Cascade will be skiable with a hike in/hike out next week for sure, and you could likely via the stairway get down and back to the Northridge pod next weekend, but other than that, it looked like a fair number of connecting meltouts are imminent in the temps later this week.

Still a ton of snow on Superstar and Skyelark, and Bittersweet with a little pushing of snow in a couple spots should be good to go next weekend as well

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
That's about what I expected. I thought they said they'd open K1 again next weekend but the lodge and peak lodge would be closed. I guess I read it wrong though.