• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

kbird

Same. The bumps on Illiad are awesome. And no lines!
No joke, loved the top zipper that the Ski Coach made (IIRC his name is Kerry)! Fields had a couple nice lines too, but I ripped Illiad most of the day. Ronnies err Asops skied nice, same for Alsos but Lab was too thin on the fall line to ski it more than once. Kinda bounced around as usual, had a ton of fun!
Greek today, done, Platty tomorrow. Benski, id've said hi if I'd seen u. I'd prefer corn to the heavy shit, but who can complain about skiing in a tee shirt in February, sure beats the -49° windchill at Stowe last week.
I'll have to catch up with you guys sometime! Have fun at Platty!

bdfreetuna

Was at Pico as well and probably will go again tomorrow. Morning was amazing until the temps climbed especially Outpost pod. Most crowded I have ever seen Pico.

Most crowded I've seen Pico as well but it didn't get in the way of a full day of skiing. Outpost and Little Pico never had a line.

Some pics... my wife on Upper Giant Killer and A Slope (best shape I've skied A Slope)

Pico-Feb18-2017-0.jpg
Pico-Feb18-2017-2.jpgPico-Feb18-2017-3.jpgPico-Feb18-2017-4.jpg

That said Bolton Valley is on the agenda for tomorrow and I expect that will be even a lot better

xlr8r

Most crowded I've seen Pico as well but it didn't get in the way of a full day of skiing. Outpost and Little Pico never had a line.

Some pics... my wife on Upper Giant Killer and A Slope (best shape I've skied A Slope)

View attachment 21894
View attachment 21895View attachment 21896View attachment 21897

That said Bolton Valley is on the agenda for tomorrow and I expect that will be even a lot better

Outpost did have a line at about 10:30 in the morning about 30 or so chairs deep or about 5 minutes long. Previously the most I have ever waited for Outpost was maybe 5 chairs. Doozie was the ROTD for me, lots of fresh snow in there in the morning. Never got in Upper KA Glade, but maybe tomorrow as those high up glades probably will have the best snow still, The lower glades I thought were getting a bit sticky in the afternoon. A slope I have seen in better shape a day two years ago. That was the only time I have skied it without taking the cut around.

prsboogie

Wildcat was a zoo! Icy as hell until about 10 then loosened up to buttery turns. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1487534534.875722.jpg had a quick downpour around 1230 but didn't last!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

Whaleback was "busy" today. At one point the line was 3 minutes long!

😀

bdfreetuna

Bolton was pretty busy today, 5 minute lines for Vista, generally shorter or no lines elsewhere. Mashed potatoes in the morning turned into more like spring snow later on. Sticky in some of the woods, fun and the trails had a nice surface.

Banged the knee on a tree getting "stuck" on a sticky turn in the woods, hit it pretty hard but it was the side of the knee so the small limp I have should hopefully be gone soon. Fortunately that was after lunch... got about 3 runs in after that but it kept bothering me so called it quits around 2:00. Def would have kept skiing it was beautiful out there today.

drjeff

Magic was great today! And so crowded they actually stopped selling lift tickets as both the black and red had about 15 minute lines!! Awesome to see it packed!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Rambo

Sunday, 2/19/17. Professor Cornhead and I skied Plattekill in the Catskill mountains today. On the drive in we encountered two different flocks of wild turkeys, along the road that follows along the Cannonsville reservoir. It was firm and hard at opening then softened up nicely after a while. Nice corn snow on Blockbuster. A large crowd on Presidents weekend but the lift lines were not to long. Great sunny warm, bluebird day.

Professor Cornhead on Blockbuster:
GEDC3188.jpg

Kleetus

Skied close to home today and hit McCauley. Was firm on the ungroomed until around 12, then everything turned into nice corn. No lines despite it being busy thanks to their T-Bar.

For those not familiar with McCauley, it only has around 600 vert, but has some steep rocky trails with awesome lines and great woods. Due to the steepness the lift rides are super short, so you can get in a good amount of vert. Definitely recommend hitting it if in the area and they have gotten natural snow recently.

http://www.mccauleyny.com

Cornhead

Skied close to home today and hit McCauley. Was firm on the ungroomed until around 12, then everything turned into nice corn. No lines despite it being busy thanks to their T-Bar.

For those not familiar with McCauley, it only has around 600 vert, but has some steep rocky trails with awesome lines and great woods. Due to the steepness the lift rides are super short, so you can get in a good amount of vert. Definitely recommend hitting it if in the area and they have gotten natural snow recently.

http://www.mccauleyny.com

Shhhhh, there'll be cars lining McCauley's access road ala Platty on busy weekends. Well, probably not, it is far removed from other ski hills. What a gem! Gnarliest 600 ft Mt I've skied, by far. Two feet of LES fluff for a whopping $12 did not suck.

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

Quietman

So I started this weekend hoping to get out, but instead was ill with 102+ temp and wheezing lungs. I'm always warm(hate summer) but spend most of Sat and Sun shivering in a 10 degree sleeping bag on my bed which is so out of character for me . Now I'm better but my wife has strep in addition to what I had so I am only hoping to be able to get out with the AZ ADL team at Crotched on Wed. Have a planned trip to ME for the first weekend in March but now the weather seems to be in melt mode. Trying to stay positive but while most of you are getting the goods, its been a tough year so far. Karma, please come my way!! Happy for all of you that are enjoying the year that was not last year!!

Los

We skied Black Mountain yesterday... LOVE that place. No lines. No pretension (although the parking lot still has its fill of luxury SUVs with Massachusetts plates). It really is old school, unlike some other places that have that reputation... Just wish we lived closer.

Was not thrilled with spring conditions in February, but whatever...

gnardawg

Loon yesterday - no lines to speak of but I didn't go to the Gondola - was on a chair at 8:05 on south peak - then went right back inside. The whole place was frozen and it never softened up - we did a few more runs throughout the day trying to chase the sun but took off around 1.

ERJ-145CA

Mt. Peter NY with my daughter yesterday and I skied Mountain Creek this afternoon with my son during his school ski club.

chuckstah

Dartmouth Skiway today. Great spring day with everything in play, but its going fast. This torch is taking it's toll. Black, NH tomorrow, I think, before returning to work.
e4aa0870e6ab2df919d09c80949431dd.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

slatham

Magic yesterday for some beautiful spring skiing. Everything except fully shaded areas softened up and skied great. They have a race camp going on which was fun to watch (no terrain closed) and were setting up the extreme course on Black for the VT High School Comp. Plenty of people around but only Red was needed. Trails with good exposure are holding up well, especially Twilight, and Kinderspiel and Up Your Sleeve look like they have a man made base (which they don't). I hope the base from those sleet storms holds up. Looks like winter is back Sunday...

I also skied Bromley in the afternoon with the family. Very quiet. Surprisingly good for late afternoon on a blazing day and south facing mountain. Lower skier traffic held down the clumps and it was a bit colder so not that wet. Actually skied great. Strong base holding up well.