• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Year's Eve & Day - Crowds

drjeff

Not too bad at Bromley today - maybe at 10 to 15 chair wait for the Sun Mountain Express, the Blue Ribbon Quad not spinning and almost all of the East side roped off kind of stinks though - no wind and temps in the mid/upper 20's makes it very pleasant out!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Loon was fantastic New Years Day. Didn't wait more then 10 minutes at any lift (Kanc Quad was longest and only 1 time when the racing kids were loading) and basically lapped the Gondola 3/4 of the day + the snow held up nicely pretty much all day.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

slatham

I'm a Bromley regular so I am biased, but the reason I became a Bromley fan were continuous visits over holiday periods with very manageable crowds. Yes there is less vertical, terrain and steeps, but I would rather spend time on the terrain Bromley has than in a lift line, or worse yet, on ANY terrain with the huge number of people the other areas will put onto their terrain. This held true again Fri-Sun. Although there were issues on Friday for 2 hours, this was due to wind which I hear every area stuffered from. Once that abated there were no crowd issues.

SnowRock

Been hitting Stowe for New Years for about 6 years now.... Friday was the busiest day I have ever seen up there. Was walking up the hill to the quad just a bit after 7:30 and was already a decent line. Took one run and the line was insane. Mellowed out once the gondola opened and was a fun day, but think many were starved for powder after last year.

For me, on trail wasn't too bad even when I was skiing more beginner and intermediate stuff with the wife and some friends. However, the traffic on mountain road and the lots was insane looking...Thursday also pretty busy as well, but the Crowd lightened a bunch Saturday and even more yesterday.

Jcb890

An update to the weekend:

Thursday - awesome powder night at Wachusett... got stuck on the access road and had to hike up from bottom lot.
Friday - shitshow at Stratton with crowds and windblown/subpar grooming
Saturday - Day off
Sunday - 1st chair at Killington, very light crowds, great snow... awesome day!
Monday - 1st chair at Loon, light crowds in the AM, but steady crowds throughout the day. Good snow and a fun day.

I hadn't been to Lincoln, NH area and Loon in 10-12 years and I really enjoyed my day. We also did the Ice Castles last night which was cool to do.

dlague

An update to the weekend:

Thursday - awesome powder night at Wachusett... got stuck on the access road and had to hike up from bottom lot.
Friday - shitshow at Stratton with crowds and windblown/subpar grooming
Saturday - Day off
Sunday - 1st chair at Killington, very light crowds, great snow... awesome day!
Monday - 1st chair at Loon, light crowds in the AM, but steady crowds throughout the day. Good snow and a fun day.

I hadn't been to Lincoln, NH area and Loon in 10-12 years and I really enjoyed my day. We also did the Ice Castles last night which was cool to do.
Wow you get around!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

I need to post a report from the weekend. Maybe tonight if I have a few minutes. Normally we try and do 1 day trip per weekend... this past week/weekend we went all out and I'm feeling it today. Quite burnt out here sitting at work.
Gotta do what ya gotta do!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app