• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTF with all the back packs

Puck it

Is the east coast and you are not miles from a lift or a lodge. You just look f'ing stupid

Rant over.

Tin

Only need them for the first runs of the day.

1. Fill pack with beers
2. Hide beers around the mountain.
3. Put pack back in lodge.
4. Enjoy beers throughout the day (crush cans, put in pocket, throw away when back to base).

dlague

Only need them for the first runs of the day.

1. Fill pack with beers
2. Hide beers around the mountain.
3. Put pack back in lodge.
4. Enjoy beers throughout the day (crush cans, put in pocket, throw away when back to base).
My wife and would forget where we put the beer. I tried skiing with a pack. Had extra gear, lunch beer etc but it was a pain in the ass IMO. The gloves were cold, beer shaken up, and eating lunch on the fly was not worth it. I also got hooked on the lift but detached soon enough. Also feel like to pushed me forward on the seat.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

jaybird

My wife and would forget where we put the beer. I tried skiing with a pack. Had extra gear, lunch beer etc but it was a pain in the ass IMO. The gloves were cold, beer shaken up, and eating lunch on the fly was not worth it. I also got hooked on the lift but detached soon enough. Also feel like to pushed me forward on the seat.

Simple Simon.

Waah Waah.

Remove it and place the pack on your lap while on a lift.
You likely got 'hooked' on the lift because you're a dope.

Next problem ?

JDMRoma

Simple Simon.

Waah Waah.

Remove it and place the pack on your lap while on a lift.
You likely got 'hooked' on the lift because you're a dope.

Next problem ?

Nooooo that's not the problem !

Why are so many people wearing them ?? Really what's in there !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

You need a stashed beer locator app. Just save ur GPS coordinates where you stash, then us Maps to get "turn by turn" directions to your stash.😁

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

Puck it

Another rant. If you buy f'ing ski pants with suspenders. Use them. Not having them on your shoulders and sticking out does not make you look cool.

JimG.

Staff member
I've been wondering about all the backpacks too.

Judging from the skills displayed by many wearers I hope those packs have first aid kits in them.

witch hobble

Dude.....I gotta be ready to throw on my 'spenders, grab my snakebite kit and ditch your sorry asses when shit gets heavy out there man.

Seriously though, get off my fucking mountain! Happy new year!

skiberg

Posers who watch too many ski movies. Trying to look cool. Almost always they are poor skiers.

becca m

Posers who watch too many ski movies. Trying to look cool. Almost always they are poor skiers.

EEEEK I do ski poorly and I sometimes wear a backpack when I do :) that *WAS* me!!!!! (But I snowboard better than many!!)

〽❄❅

Interesting concept to address those concerns. https://us.wolffepack.com/products/summit
What a PITA that would be, thanks but no thanks!

Have to admit, I purchased a Black Diamond Agent Pack last year because I knew I'd want the ski carry option for hiking Aspen Highland Bowl. You know what, I never used it! The day I decided to take the bus from Snowmass to Highlands, I sat waiting and thought to myself ...this friggin thing sucks, harness feels like a straight jacket, arm-pits, shoulders and back aren't happy, the pack part a uncomfortable bump... screw it! I walked back to the condo and ditched the thing! Hiked the Bowl with skis over my shoulder ... actually that kind of sucked too, but I was 100x more comfortable with everything else. After the trip I returned the pack to the store I got it from.

A couple months ago I picked up a small Dakine Heli Pro 20 at TJmaxx, knowing I may never put it into service for it's intended use, and only because they were selling it at over 50% off. Plus it felt more comfortable than the BD agent. I had a idea in the back of my mind about getting a lightweight Rando Racing pack for ski carry, with little inertia to shop for one, didn't go looking for the small Dakine, it was just there to catch my eye when walking from Socks to Activewear, and it seemed to be close enough to that end. It's also shallow with a nicely padded back, light in weight and doesn't have straps hanging everywhere. We'll see if it ends up a glorified duffel bag relegated to the trunk of the car and a locker in the ski lodge. LOL.

snoseek

I get a camelback ill use occasionally but mostly in spring. Full on backpack ill never get unless your skiing steep deep stuff out west somewhere but whatever that their problem not mine.