Black Mountain of Maine - Dec 30-31 2016

AlpineZone

Video Black Mountain of Maine - Dec 30-31 2016

Date(s) Skied: December 30-31, 2016

Resort or Ski Area: Black Mountain of Maine

Conditions: Powder / Packed Powder

Trip Report: 100% Open - 100% Fun! We are Silver New England pass holders so we get to ski around Maine a bit during vacation weeks. We had a great two days at Black Mountain of Maine. The volunteer Angry Beavers glade cutters have been BUSY. Lots of great new gladed terrain and the recent storm but them at 100% open. You could tell that Jeff Marcoux (one of the angry beaver organizers and cutters) was VERY HAPPY to ski the product. Overall a great couple of days. This is my two boys in the new Wild glade.

Black contains a bunch of good cruisers and a nice bump run under the chair as well. Here is a rare video sighting of the @MaineSkiFamily old man thrashing some bumps under the chair.

And the oldest finding a huck in the Black glades.

At $37 best ticket value in the state of Maine when the snow is on... which it is! Overall a great day. More words, pics and a video on the blog.

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2016/1...16-Powder.html

Happy New Year everyone!

Excellent report! BMOM is such a gem.
    Did you guys make it out into the new terrain in the East Bowl by chance? I'm curious how that is out there. Looks like a ton of potential

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    Excellent report! BMOM is such a gem.
    Did you guys make it out into the new terrain in the East Bowl by chance? I'm curious how that is out there. Looks like a ton of potential

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Thanks xhwhaler! You could see from the lift not too many tracks in the new East Bowl trails. There was so much good new terrain without the hike (that is required to that terrain) that we were happy to keep pounding it off the lift. I did talk to a local and they indicated the trails still have a bunch of stumps etc so it requires much more snow to get fully covered... so although they were open it was still a bit bony. Hopefully later in the season with more snow they will get over there and future summers they can do some more trail work.

Thread Information