• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you like about skiing besides skiing

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
IMG_2716.jpg
Views for sure and the ones earned are especially cool . BC in Pa. even more rare. My likes have evolved over the years , from apre's to my kids smiling faces but it's all good. I feel a sense of sadness for the non skier/rider. Some winters are seemingly endless....sucks to be them!

skiMEbike

Being outdoors, admiring the beauty of the gods, & feeling the rush of floating through the snow down the mountain.....Ahhhhhhhh

bdfreetuna

My mindset completely changes in the winter. It's all about planning the next weekend, where the snow's gonna be good, weighing a dozen factors and shooting for the best season.

I enjoy waking up earlier than I would otherwise. I love taking the Legacy GT up to the mountains, as I loved driving whatever Subarus I had before that. Filling up the tank and getting a cup of coffee in the dark. Driving the mountain roads at sunrise and catching that early light. Settling in for the long ride, driving with the mindset of a skier, hugging turns, making up lost time and taking advantage of every clear passing zone.

I enjoy taking my wife on our frequent winter time mini-vacations. A night or two in a random hotel sourced on Expedia, evenings out sharing in the experience of sore muscles but having further bonded over a shared experience and a shared purpose. I enjoy taking the lead role in these adventures, but appreciate the fact that my wife has become a quick study. And so much more is simply better breaking the monotony of life at home.

The cold air is invigorating. The exercise is rejuvenating. The food is sustaining and the beer is still beer.

When the snow starts to melt I learn a new appreciation for what's good but also must pass away. Dirt and rocks, slush and other imperfections are overlooked as I'm simply grateful to still be able to do such a thing.

Then the planning begins, and I make the best of spring, summer and fall. Maybe I'll give hiking another go this time around. Maybe I'll pick up the fishing rod this year. Get to the shooting range a bit more. But when I fall asleep that night, if I'm lucky, I'll be skiing.

HD333

Getting the fire just right and having a beer or 4.

Après with the kids and wife.

Skipping a day and doing a hike with the dog and family in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

My mindset completely changes in the winter. It's all about planning the next weekend, where the snow's gonna be good, weighing a dozen factors and shooting for the best season.

I enjoy waking up earlier than I would otherwise. I love taking the Legacy GT up to the mountains, as I loved driving whatever Subarus I had before that. Filling up the tank and getting a cup of coffee in the dark. Driving the mountain roads at sunrise and catching that early light. Settling in for the long ride, driving with the mindset of a skier, hugging turns, making up lost time and taking advantage of every clear passing zone.

I enjoy taking my wife on our frequent winter time mini-vacations. A night or two in a random hotel sourced on Expedia, evenings out sharing in the experience of sore muscles but having further bonded over a shared experience and a shared purpose. I enjoy taking the lead role in these adventures, but appreciate the fact that my wife has become a quick study. And so much more is simply better breaking the monotony of life at home.

The cold air is invigorating. The exercise is rejuvenating. The food is sustaining and the beer is still beer.

When the snow starts to melt I learn a new appreciation for what's good but also must pass away. Dirt and rocks, slush and other imperfections are overlooked as I'm simply grateful to still be able to do such a thing.

Then the planning begins, and I make the best of spring, summer and fall. Maybe I'll give hiking another go this time around. Maybe I'll pick up the fishing rod this year. Get to the shooting range a bit more. But when I fall asleep that night, if I'm lucky, I'll be skiing.
Well said. I feel like a schmuck because I do not think I mentioned my wife and kids but apres ski with them is awesome. We love to talk about the day even after we leave the resort. Sharing our day and looking back at pictures is fun too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

232daf9458d0df35878059d012a87c93.jpg

Deleware Water Gap?

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

katie0406

Getting to drink spiked hot chocolate and take a nice long bath/hot tub after a day outdoors :)

mister moose

Interesting question - things like exhilaration, fitness, views, are really integral to the skiing.

Here's my list:

♦ I like the people that ski better than a cross section of average america. Maybe because they are there to have fun?
♦ There's more snow in VT than in my back yard, change is good. Life is about enjoying contrasts.
♦ It gets me to the beer capital of the east, maybe the nation, perhaps the world?
♦ Skiing allows me to be fluid and graceful, instead of the clumsy oaf I am in shoes.
♦ There is a completely different set of friends, places and things to do when I'm there.
♦ The smell from the waffle shack.
♦ More live music than my little home town.
♦ Without it I'd be just another drone complaining about being cold and waiting for spring.

benski

♦ I like the people that ski better than a cross section of average america. Maybe because they are there to have fun?

I think its becouse people are confident they won't see you again when they meet you on the lift so there are less nerves and that makes them more likable. Though in 4 days of skiing at Snowbird last week I ran into the same guy 3 times.

kevinm55

Making memories with friends and family - including time spent in the car (when not in traffic!) Knowing that we are on our way to our next adventure. Sore muscles, hot shower after, cold beers, fireplace and the feeling of having accomplished a great time for/with the family. Finally, meeting like minded people who also love to ski!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

Getting away from the distractions of life. Quality time with family without having to worry about the TV or electronics to distract you. It's amazing how much you can learn about someone when you actually listen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app