Long Island - On the slopes a 9am back home for dinner - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Man, my friend is a pilot. Is it even feasible to fly up? I imagine you'd need to leave a car at whatever podunk little airstrip we land at.
    I'll open a shuttle service between Caledonia County Airport and Burke Mtn if the price is right

You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    Aircraft model?
    Cost?
    What is the transportation to ski resort from destination airport?

We fly multi-engine airplanes. The model of the airplane varies with the number of passengers.
    A typical flight cost from Long Island airports to Rutland, VT in a 4 passengers plane is $1800-$2000.
    Normally, our passengers make their own ground transportation, car rental or use of local shuttles.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Air View Post
    We fly multi-engine airplanes. The model of the airplane varies with the number of passengers.
    A typical flight cost from Long Island airports to Rutland, VT in a 4 passengers plane is $1800-$2000.
    Normally, our passengers make their own ground transportation, car rental or use of local shuttles.

I hope this helps.
    I actually rode the Gondola at Stowe about six years ago with the operations manager of a ski destination air charter operation. It was Boston based, but also flew out of a few other airports. IIRC Portsmouth, NH was one of their take off points and I believe TF Green in RI as well. Similar sized jets as you describe flying into Morrisville airport where their clients had their own vehicle parked there to use for the week/weekend. They said business was quite good even coming out of the great recession. If I had a 7 figure income and could cut the journey from 4 hours down 2 or less for roughly 30-40K a season for my family? I'd probably consider it.

A good friend of mine is the caretaker for an estate on Lake Winnipesaukee. The family flies charter into Laconia from PA when they visit. Old coal money family.

I'd rather spend less money and fly to SLC

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    I'd rather spend less money and fly to SLC

This.

If your company cannot be trusted to spell "slopes" I'm not going to get in a plane with you lol
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Skiing On the Cheap? Those charter rates are at least 2% less than other quotes I have received.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to Skiing On the Cheap? Those charter rates are at least 2% less than other quotes I have received.
    but will they have you ON THE SLOPS by 9am?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    How much does the Nigerian prince running this thing require me to wire him first?
    Comment of the day!

I think this may be a Russian scammer. In Soviet Russia sking slops are very steap plains to get u to mountain bery cheep.. We fly by slops push you outof de plane. Highly recommended you fold own parachute.
    I have always loved blizzards, if only because of the driving experience - which is definitely an acquired taste.
    Hunter S. Thompson

i was on the slopes at 9 this morning and ate dinner in brooklyn tonight. i didn't pay for any fancy air travel.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    i was on the slopes at 9 this morning and ate dinner in brooklyn tonight. i didn't pay for any fancy air travel.
    and skied for only a few hours....

Thread Information