• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Long Island - On the slopes a 9am back home for dinner

Premier Air

Long Island - On the slopes at 9am back home for dinner

Long Island Skiers,

Can you imagine?

"On the slopes at 9am back home for dinner."

Only a little over an hour and you are at a Northeast ski resort.

Reply to this post for information.

Last edited:

drjeff

Long Island Skiers,

Can you imagine?

"On the slops a 9am back home for dinner."

Only a little over an hour and you are at a Northeast ski resort.

Reply to this post for information.

One must be a bit suspicious of an airline that has a spelling issue for sure!?!?

Slops..... ;-)

mister moose

Aircraft model?
Cost?
What is the transportation to ski resort from destination airport?

xwhaler

Interested if you can provide affordable chopper access from Southern NH to Rangeley ME.
The plan would be for you to take us up to Saddleback and drop us up top and when we get to the bottom u will be there for repeat laps.
Said copter must be equipped with a cooler to keep our beverages cold.

Premier Air

Aircraft model?
Cost?
What is the transportation to ski resort from destination airport?

We fly multi-engine airplanes. The model of the airplane varies with the number of passengers.
A typical flight cost from Long Island airports to Rutland, VT in a 4 passengers plane is $1800-$2000.
Normally, our passengers make their own ground transportation, car rental or use of local shuttles.

I hope this helps.

deadheadskier

Staff member
We fly multi-engine airplanes. The model of the airplane varies with the number of passengers.
A typical flight cost from Long Island airports to Rutland, VT in a 4 passengers plane is $1800-$2000.
Normally, our passengers make their own ground transportation, car rental or use of local shuttles.

I hope this helps.

I actually rode the Gondola at Stowe about six years ago with the operations manager of a ski destination air charter operation. It was Boston based, but also flew out of a few other airports. IIRC Portsmouth, NH was one of their take off points and I believe TF Green in RI as well. Similar sized jets as you describe flying into Morrisville airport where their clients had their own vehicle parked there to use for the week/weekend. They said business was quite good even coming out of the great recession. If I had a 7 figure income and could cut the journey from 4 hours down 2 or less for roughly 30-40K a season for my family? I'd probably consider it.

A good friend of mine is the caretaker for an estate on Lake Winnipesaukee. The family flies charter into Laconia from PA when they visit. Old coal money family.

VTKilarney

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Skiing On the Cheap? Those charter rates are at least 2% less than other quotes I have received.

Krikaya

How much does the Nigerian prince running this thing require me to wire him first?

Comment of the day!

I think this may be a Russian scammer. In Soviet Russia sking slops are very steap plains to get u to mountain bery cheep.. We fly by slops push you outof de plane. Highly recommended you fold own parachute.

KustyTheKlown

i was on the slopes at 9 this morning and ate dinner in brooklyn tonight. i didn't pay for any fancy air travel.