• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River

SkiFanE

What route have you been taking to hike it? Sirius? I'm surprised they're bothering to blow snow up there at this point in the season.
. Yes - big waste, never mind ruining a perfectly nice au natural peak.

machski

Several people have complained about them blowing snow on Spruce. i think they are doing it only to fulfil advertising that they would still open it, groom it and blow snow on it. What do you bet they only blow for a day?
Well, they have been blowing all day on AmEx (until the lower DD merge) and overdraft. The man-made is soft and fairly dry (and I do have to say fun) so hopefully with the amount of folks making the quick hike it stays good. Some spot guns on TT and lower Punch and still more on rocking chair (why??) Shockwave either needs a quick coat tonight or close it. Not much fun at this point. Everything else pretty nice, though feels like they groomed Excalibur too soon after they made it.

Dickc

Well, they have been blowing all day on AmEx (until the lower DD merge) and overdraft. The man-made is soft and fairly dry (and I do have to say fun) so hopefully with the amount of folks making the quick hike it stays good. Some spot guns on TT and lower Punch and still more on rocking chair (why??) Shockwave either needs a quick coat tonight or close it. Not much fun at this point. Everything else pretty nice, though feels like they groomed Excalibur too soon after they made it.

Rocking Chair so they have snow to push down to the lift for April. Same with Tourist Trap.