• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 1/10

mlkrgr

Did a day trip up to Cannon. It was very cold throughout the day with winds kicking up, especially once you get above most of the elevation gain on the Peabody quad, which is around post 14 or so of the lift. Snow was blowing everywhere, but a day on the mountain is better than a day at work, and it was a 2 for 1 day. The winds especially kicking up at the base at the end of the day which made it feel even colder. The conditions of Hardscrabble was the talk on the mountain today, as multiple people took 40 minutes to an hour to get down it due to its iciness. The trails off the Zoomer lift skied decently but there was even patches of ice there. Though, I made the best of the conditions for the day, especially that I did not expect the winds.

Guyot

Thanks for the report

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone