• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico, VT 12/25/26 and Okemo,VT -

SkiRay

Our season took a wrong turn - now trying to make the best of it. Keep your knees healthy - this one was hard for us to produce. Hope to see you at PICO.

Wishes -

With blurred vision
We are not sure how this happened
It was the perfect day with close friends
Sam
Sarah
And Winter
The skiing seemed perfect
Our winter has only begun and sadly it may now be lost

Having a ski house and holidays brings no shortage of great company
Celebrating the birth and the lights
With song, laughter, and endless food
These distractions were welcome.

With snow in the forecast
And our friends in town in from the Big Apple
We met up with Tony, Seneca, Lyra, Brigit
And set out to play at PICO
Kyle dropping knee
Jen hitting bumps
The kids and I
And Chris hitting Pike
We skied till dark then went to celebrate New Years Eve…
Needless to say, we were all in rare form

On New Year’s Day
Alicia, Nevada and I set off to Ludlow
To see the town and take our minds off skiing
With Okemo in the backdrop
We can only remember our great day there just 2 weeks ago
The mountain was just delightful and we had hoped to go back there this season.

We return to our winter home
And prepare to make way back to NYC
Heartbroken, afraid, unsure
One wishes for things
One wishes for money
Our wishes are for health
And for Alicia to recover quickly

So, we can all ski as a family again

bdfreetuna

Ahh, that sucks! Did your wife get an x-ray or anything?

I skied most of last winter with knee braces due to an early (minor) knee injury. Maybe with knee braces your wife can get back on the mountain a little sooner.

SkiRay

Thank Tuna!

Ahh, that sucks! Did your wife get an x-ray or anything?

I skied most of last winter with knee braces due to an early (minor) knee injury. Maybe with knee braces your wife can get back on the mountain a little sooner.

You know I have no ACL in my left leg and my right - well I have injured it so many times - so I brace both legs. I have a brace for her - though her knees were perfect up to now. We will figure out how the next few weeks pan out.

This weekend looks to be a washout from yesterday's rain and melt. Bummed. Heading up today from NYC.. Might drop by Killy- we will see..

This edit was hard to make though those that endured it (laughing) have personally written us saying - "your story telling has gotten so much better" -

What we are seeing is that the retention is higher on these longer edits - which is crazy- fewer views, but those that have seen this and our edits from the last year (versus three years ago) - This one was really hard to make.. It was not supposed to be so serious... :(

Alicia is in good spirits though. She watched The Climb - the Lyndsay Vonn story (she is a Libra like me) and Alicia got very motivated to get back in shape to ski. No surgery in the picture yet though we will not know for a few more weeks.

I will ping you later!

SkiRay

as·cent
/əˈsent/
1. a climb or walk to the summit of a mountain or hill.

Some ascents are harder than others, and at times you might be able to find shortcuts to summit quicker. With injuries, all ascents seem impossible though you still must try to know how to improve or what decisions to make.

Our latest episode ASCENT is one we are sure you can relate too. We have all experienced injuries, some that change you forever. This is start of Alicia's journey to be able to ski again with family and friends after tearing her ACL.

We hope you enjoy this edit and if you like, that you might subscribe to our channel.

Thank you,
Alba Adventures
#albaadventures

#Nikon
#PICO
#Vermont