• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The second half

slatham

Magic reported about 3" last night on FB and looking at radar when things started to wrap this early this morning and bands were dropping SE Mt Snow and Magic got them. Aligns with those southern NH areas. Not sure why Stratton and Bromley got screwed though.

Bromley is my primary mountain and they do very casual, what's in the parking lot at 6am reports that usually do not get updated either due to more snow in the am or an on mountain check. The most dramatic was an elevation oriented storm where the report was 1-2" (and accurate at base) but top was 6-7" legit. Report never updated to make mention.

Not so sure about Stratton. Maybe at base but that still means 5" at 2,000' at Stratton but 7" at 1,400' at Magic. Mountain weather. And NWS Albany noted higher amounts would be localized and the storm had a bit of an Eastern bias in SoVT.

Hope to hit Magic is weekend.

Tin

Awesome day out today and tomorrow at Magic should be fantastic with the 8" they received. Now we watch next week and hope for the best.

Edd

Had the best run of the season at Gunstock, of all places. A bottomless and untouched run down Recoil. So good I did it twice. Redhat was sweet and largely untouched also. It was unusually dead there on a pow day. I felt very lucky driving from there through Tamworth (where the fallen snow made for a gorgeous drive) up to the MWV to ski tomorrow. I stress so much about where to ski and which days to take off to hit the best conditions it's nice to spend a day appreciating my good fortune that these are the problems I have.

bdfreetuna

Been watching the Smuggs webcam off and on today along with the radar.. looks like they've had a snowy day, heavy snow at times. Wonder how things have been piling up.

bigbog

.........Not sure how the Cat would get an extra 4" on the other side of 16... anyone to verify?

Facing the opposite direction with wind...4" isn't a lot of difference..
There's a little snow coming down from Quebec that might possibly find its way to the Loaf sometime on Thursday....hoping.

slatham

From NWS Albany. Interesting locations, and amounts.
VERMONT

...BENNINGTON COUNTY...
LANDGROVE 6.1 1145 AM 1/18 WEATHERNET6
WOODFORD 5.0 1158 AM 1/18 WEATHERNET6
1 NNE BROMLEY VILLAG 4.5 645 AM 1/18 SKI AREA

...WINDHAM COUNTY...
3 E SOMERSET 7.0 646 AM 1/18 SKI AREA
TOWNSHEND 6.0 742 AM 1/18 TRAINED SPOTTER
2 SSW STRATTON MOUNT 5.0 623 AM 1/18 SKI AREA
SAXTONS RIVER 4.5 639 AM 1/18 FACEBOOK
WILMINGTON 4.5 606 AM 1/18 WEATHERNET6