• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good New England Bump Runs

Edd

+1, Jimmy liked Anna, Jimmy slipped a little on the icy spots, but Jimmy still had fun!
ba67fe710c11f1fabf490d8f12c2a62d.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

lol literally

WWF-VT

I can name 5 at Mt Ellen that I skied today - Bravo, Encore, Exterminator, Tumbler and Hammerhead. All of them are natural snow trails.

Whitey

Any trail that has good bumps & snow on it. Don't care what it's named or where it is. As long as it's on the mountain I happen to be skiing that day - that's my favorite.

Like they say about Tom Brady - his favorite receiver is the open one.

BenedictGomez

Yep, one of the tougher blues I can think of.

Victoria @ Whiteface [/end topic]

When they let that bump up it would be a double-diamond elsewhere, and it gets way worse than in this picture. Whiteface in general is "no kid gloves" when it comes to their trail ratings.

Whiteface-Mountain.jpg

machski

Sunday River:
Upper Downdraft
Shockwave
!Carumba
Sugarloaf:
Misery Whip
Winter's way
Loon:
Triple Trouble
Sugarbush:
Everything Castle Rock
Killington:
Ovation
Outer Limits

Duncanator24

Sugarbush:
Rumble

Incredibly technical and and on a good snow day, amazing to ski! There are some moguls in the woods that I like more but those don't really count as trails. Close tie for second on all of the other trails on Castle Rock peak and a tie for third on any/all natural trails.

Whitey

Surprised for Sugarbush that The Mall and Black Diamond haven't been mentioned.

Overall I think Sugarbush is the best mountain for bumps in the East. Killington being second best

With all the love given to Sugarbush in this thread, which I do think is justified, I am surprised no one has mention Sunrise or Morning Star. They aren't always bumped up but I've had some great bump runs on them over the years. Not overly long but you can lap the North Lynx triple and get a lot of good runs there.

Duncanator24

With all the love given to Sugarbush in this thread, which I do think is justified, I am surprised no one has mention Sunrise or Morning Star. They aren't always bumped up but I've had some great bump runs on them over the years. Not overly long but you can lap the North Lynx triple and get a lot of good runs there.

Very true! Morning Star with decent snow on it is actually one of my favorites at Lincoln Peak. Even last year I had some good runs down that one, especially the lower sections. Just not as challenging as my other favorites.

dlague

Forgot about Sunrise. 2014-2015 we had good conditions and Sunrise was really good with moderate bumps.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Forgot about Shockwave!! Wonderful trail.

I had the worst run ever on that trail. first few turns were fine until I got to the first frozen whale. The 10 to 15 foot drop offs on the back of the whales were glare ice. so 2 turns ice whale, 2 turns ice whale over and over again to the bottom.

freeski

I had the worst run ever on that trail. first few turns were fine until I got to the first frozen whale. The 10 to 15 foot drop offs on the back of the whales were glare ice. so 2 turns ice whale, 2 turns ice whale over and over again to the bottom.

I feel your pain. Sounds like we had the exact same experience. I felt great at the top, small soft moguls. Then massive ice whales. I was half way down the steep ice whales and three snow borders came over the drop. They all fell then kept their boards off and slid from mogul to mogul on their butts. I fell 4 times, bad falls with long slides. (these weren't icy, they were unedgable ice) . My goal was not to be passed by the snow boarders. I skied out before them, barely. I remember stopping to check I had all my equipment one glove was in the front of my jacket. I thought I had left that glove behind. Scariest run of my life. There were two signs at the top, I think they said "expert only" with skull and cross bones written in black magic marker.

chuckstah

Shockwave can be the best, or worst, trail on any given day. I had some of the best runs of my season last year on the last weekend it was open. Mid April. Bumps were not huge, or zippers, but after the mandatory short walk it skied great.
8b1501c268215e3d679c6750542ddf17.jpg
d9001d29e0be74dd23eba97efc79ed48.jpg
04ec96d0950cbb5267cef323f263ea02.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Kleetus

Victoria @ Whiteface [/end topic]

When they let that bump up it would be a double-diamond elsewhere, and it gets way worse than in this picture. Whiteface in general is "no kid gloves" when it comes to their trail ratings.

Whiteface-Mountain.jpg

I'd add Empire at WF to the list when it's open. Nice narrow bumps

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone