• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Santa Fe 2/16/07

MarkC

Weather: blue sky and warm about 35-40
Equipment: Ride Yukon 164

After an epic east coast day at Plattekill yesterday I hopped on a plane to new mexico this morning. Got in to Santa Fe at around 2pm local time and headed up to Ski Santa Fe. I got to the mountain at around 2:45 and jumped on the quad chair. Met some nice locals showed me where to find the goods. Took the quad to the new millennium triple chair. Went down the sunrise glade to the sunset glade. There were some really nice tight tree shots with some fresh pow and plenty of small to medium sized rocks to air off of. Came out of the glade and went down little alpine to the #3 chair. I took the sunset trail to the tequila sunrise glade. This was a bit steeper but more open and a little bumped up. Had fun but my legs were still burning from yesterday (I am not in the powder shape I thought I was.) I took a few trails down to the quad and went up for one last run. I came down thunderbird as the lifts closed to the bar at mid station had a delicious Santa Fe Porter.

Overall: I am very impressed with this mountain and will have lots of fun tomorrow. For the few runs I took today with tired legs I would give it a 9/10. The mountain has the laid back vibe that I like in a ski area with the terrain to make it legit.

I will try and take some pics tomorrow.

adamti91

Sounds awesome, you gonna be back at Plattekill this Monday?... it's the only day I can work this weekend. Hopefully it's still got some fresh on the sides of trails...

snoseek

sounds good, i'll be there saturday. Question, how busy does it get there on a saturday or holiday?

MarkC

Sounds awesome, you gonna be back at Plattekill this Monday?... it's the only day I can work this weekend. Hopefully it's still got some fresh on the sides of trails...

I won't be back at plattekill till friday. Hope to get some riding in with you sometime that weekend. Now that we have snow you need to see the back side. Try and hook up with sam and shaun riley on monday. They will show you the goods.

sledhaulingmedic

Santa Fe is a real hidden gem. The locals are super friendly and there's some great stuff tucked away in there. The chutes through the cliff band at below the glades inside Wizard (such as below tequilla sunrise) are a hoot.

Can you ski Big Tesuque down to the Switchback on the access road?

Pictures please! It's one of my favorites.

Is Ski Pajarito open in Los Alamos?

Weather: blue sky and warm about 35-40
Equipment: Ride Yukon 164

After an epic east coast day at Plattekill yesterday I hopped on a plane to new mexico this morning. Got in to Santa Fe at around 2pm local time and headed up to Ski Santa Fe. I got to the mountain at around 2:45 and jumped on the quad chair. Met some nice locals showed me where to find the goods. Took the quad to the new millennium triple chair. Went down the sunrise glade to the sunset glade. There were some really nice tight tree shots with some fresh pow and plenty of small to medium sized rocks to air off of. Came out of the glade and went down little alpine to the #3 chair. I took the sunset trail to the tequila sunrise glade. This was a bit steeper but more open and a little bumped up. Had fun but my legs were still burning from yesterday (I am not in the powder shape I thought I was.) I took a few trails down to the quad and went up for one last run. I came down thunderbird as the lifts closed to the bar at mid station had a delicious Santa Fe Porter.

Overall: I am very impressed with this mountain and will have lots of fun tomorrow. For the few runs I took today with tired legs I would give it a 9/10. The mountain has the laid back vibe that I like in a ski area with the terrain to make it legit.

I will try and take some pics tomorrow.

MarkC

Pictures from Ski Santa Fe 2/15-2/18

DSC00121.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00132.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

MarkC

Santa Fe is a real hidden gem. The locals are super friendly and there's some great stuff tucked away in there. The chutes through the cliff band at below the glades inside Wizard (such as below tequilla sunrise) are a hoot.

Can you ski Big Tesuque down to the Switchback on the access road?

Pictures please! It's one of my favorites.

Is Ski Pajarito open in Los Alamos?

Ski Santa Fe is now defiantly my favorite mountain. I will be back many times. So many hidden glades, cliffs, chutes, and other unique terrain features. The locals are friendly - very friendly :wink: and will show you the goods. I met up with a few people and they showed me the route down Big Tesuque. That is an unbelievable run down 2500 feet of vert through the trees that comes out 4 miles down the road. I wish i stopped to take pictures but I was having too much fun. The trees below fall line are insane. Tons of pow and steep as hell. Form what I heard the days that I was there set records for attendance but the place still seemed empty. I never waited in a line for more than 5 minutes and that includes the line at Tetemoffs for a beer at 4pm. 10/10 Outstanding mountain!:grin: :grin: