• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Middlebury Snow Bowl worth checking out?

Duncanator24

I am a season pass holder at Sugarbush and for an upcoming trip, I am going to be staying down in Ripton, VT for a 3 day weekend. Since I will be about 5 minutes from the Middlebury Snow Bowl, I figured it was maybe worth checking out one of the days. Looking at their website, they seem to advertise tree skiing which is perfect for me. Just curious if anyone has an opinion on Middlebury. I absolutely love Mad River Glen so the small resort feel with excellent off trail spots is always appealing to me.

xwhaler

Snow Bowl has a ton of tree skiing and the place skis bigger than its advertised vertical. If the snow is good and both chairs are running it's absolutely worth checking out.

Great spot to avoid crowds.

Hate to give out my secret, but YES, MSB has some terrific skiing, but make sure Bailey Falls chair is running. Assuming so, place rocks and as XW stated above, there are lots of trees when conditions permit. Place definitely skis large! Go and enjoy.

watkin

Its a great lil place to stop on your drive up to NVT. In the past they had deals for $25 lift tickets which is so worth it even if just for a couple hours.

Boundary to boundary skiing, et is fair game. Lots of drops all over the place. Enjoy it!

Duncanator24

Any good place to find those $25 lift tickets?? I would definitely go at that price. Sounds real nice if the conditions are right.

dlague

Get the new 12 resort deal for $99 from skiing on the cheap thread which has Middlebury Snow Bowl on it then hit up a few others and you are off and running.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

MSB is great as other have said with both chairs. The main chair has some nice steeps right under it and there are plenty of trees. No pub seeing it is a college ski area. I least i couldn't find one.