• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville tomorrow - Super Bowl Sunday - how busy?

KD7000

I have a pass to burn at Waterville, and I'm running out of potential days to use it up. Tomorrow seems good as it will be an early end anyway, no matter where I go.

How stupid will Sunday be? I'm ok with moderate crowds, but not interested if it's gonna be complete insanity. Is this plan silly?

dlague

I have been seeing lots of concern over crowds on SB Sunday due to lift ticket deals. I do not think that will materialize everywhere but Waterville and Sunapee might have enough skiers that ski to last Chair and still make it to watch the game. I skied Crotched a few years back and it was not that bad.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've done Cannon many years on SB Sunday. Busy by their standards, but it clears out early.

I'm sure Wildcat will be busy tomorrow, but I'm only expecting a five minute wait for the singles line for the quad

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Bumpsis

I'm at Sunapee tomorrow. They had a nice ticket deal so I went for it. I expect that it will be fairly empty by early noon. I certainly will be out of there by 3:30. Plenty of time to get home and watch the game.

KD7000

For future info: it was a little busy the first time getting on to the lower lift. Then it was ski-on all day. It was a ghost town by noon. Fun place when the snow is good, which it was. Given that I had a comp pass and my daughter's ticket was only $15, it's was the cheapest day of skiing I've had in years.