• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 2/5/2017

Glenn

A nice day on the hill today; starting late paid off. Heading up 30, there wasn't much traffic. Heading south was a different story. Many packs of out of state plates. It was a good sign of things to come.

Sunbowl wasn't too busy and there really weren't any lift lines. Trails skied well with some scratch in spots. I'm sure it was busier earlier in the day.

I hit some glades; Test Pilot and West Pilot. Felt good to be back in the woods after last year. Still a few spots of untracked if you looked hard. But you had to dig deep and dodge some branches and tight spots.

Always a good day to be on the hill due to limited crowds as the day moves on.

Test:
d9d14fbc1545a6e5621faa81d624a71c.jpg

76732325c717eb3fdc7b26e049221e07.jpg

West:
681a6101283273c83011e59e31598ed6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdfreetuna

I liked the top part of Test Pilot a lot better yesterday. It is really a cool tree run up top basically several different luge tracks through the trees. And none of the brush cutting / snake dodging involved with the lower section. First time I've been at Stratton where it's been open (don't go there often).

mriceyman

I liked the top part of Test Pilot a lot better yesterday. It is really a cool tree run up top basically several different luge tracks through the trees. And none of the brush cutting / snake dodging involved with the lower section. First time I've been at Stratton where it's been open (don't go there often).

The beginning of test pilot is hella fun.. just point and watch for the turns/banks and keep going. Dont stop til it opens up

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

The scrub was interesting at times. Made for some technical adaptation for turning.

Anyone see the small stream in West Pilot? That was interesting.

nkLottery

I want to get back into Stratton's woods so badly! In the 14-15 season I explored everything there, marked and unmarked... Lots of fun to be had there, best trees of the big Southern VT resorts