• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Official AZ Summit 2017 Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
One other thing worth mentioning for those who have not made getting to Sugarloaf a priority for the Summit or otherwise.

While Burnt/Bracket is amazing, one of the problems with it are accessible vertical and acreage. Coming off King Pine chair you get about 900 vert before having to make the traverse back to the chair. You can go lower, but end up down low across the street from the condos and it's just a royal pain. You can add a lot of vertical by hiking up Burnt, but that looks to be quite a hike and you still need to traverse back to King Pine.

This is all about to change either for next year or the following. Design work and permitting is done for a trail that will start down lower from King Pine base and extend up near the treeline on Burnt Mountain. This will be for a snowcat.

So basically you will soon see a Cat skiing operation on Sugarloaf that includes terrain acreage about the size of Stratton

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

I celebration of you guys at the summit, I wore my Sugarloaf hat today!

589702481eaecf86c21755cd82469506.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app