• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Monday

madriverjack

It's looking like a great day anywhere, but I'm choosing magic. If anyone wants to meet up for a few runs or grab a beer I'll be in a black jacket and orange pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

NYDB

It's looking like a great day anywhere, but I'm choosing magic. If anyone wants to meet up for a few runs or grab a beer I'll be in a black jacket and orange pants.

I'll be there with my 8 year old playing hooky. I'm heading up tonight, doing stratton sunday (figuring with the heavy stuff coming down at 12pm that most people will be heading home early) and magic monday.

We'll probably be the tallest and shortest snowboarders there. Should be awesome. Last powder day at magic was about 2 years ago. Actually I think it was back to back weeks 2 years ago. Anyway, :snow::snow: I am excited to get there to see the new improvements and the mountain vibe with the new management.

Kleetus

I'm planning to head there as well Monday. Heading to K Mart tomorrow morning and staying up there for the night. Then plan on driving to Magic Monday morning provided they open and get the snow that's expected (which they should on both accounts).

Super stoked to get back there after not having been there in a couple seasons. Gray jacket blue pants.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

You folks deserve this what with it being such a "challenging" year in southern Vermont.

Congratulations, and enjoy.

Magicmmmmmmm.jpg

BenedictGomez

For those considering Magic on Monday, keep a close eye on the wind forecast. Might be fine, might be dicey.

Savemeasammy

For those considering Magic on Monday, keep a close eye on the wind forecast. Might be fine, might be dicey.

I will personally have a ski vt card at the ready in case a plan B is needed. I have no idea what that plan B would be though...

Kleetus

See you there. You already know what to look for! 😎

Hey I skied with you a couple years ago for some spring turns at Killington. You also bailed me out with the Fox 44 card a couple seasons ago when I had an issue with mine as well.

If your at Magic Monday owe you big time! Think I know what to look for.

Savemeasammy

Hey I skied with you a couple years ago for some spring turns at Killington. You also bailed me out with the Fox 44 card a couple seasons ago when I had an issue with mine as well.

If your at Magic Monday owe you big time! Think I know what to look for.

Check your pm's

slatham

While the wind could be an issue, it will be less of an issue at Magic than other resorts in New England. Lower elevation, lift runs lower than adjacent trees, fixed grip, double, north winds blows straight up line, etc. if Magic is shut down for wind everyone is shut down for wind. Then you skin.....

NYDB

While the wind could be an issue, it will be less of an issue at Magic than other resorts in New England. Lower elevation, lift runs lower than adjacent trees, fixed grip, double, north winds blows straight up line, etc. if Magic is shut down for wind everyone is shut down for wind. Then you skin.....
Agreed. That's part of the reason we are heading there. I actually thought red was famous for no wind holds, but maybe that's an old wives tale

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

This dirtbag enjoyed skiing with you dirtbags today.

For those of you there tomorrow it should be prime. The afternoon runs were already getting very nice with the fresh.

Sent from my SM-N920V using AlpineZone mobile app
Always a good time sir. You seem to show me something new every time!

Hope the demo went well today

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app

NYDB

Well that was fun. I didn't get into every nook and cranny I would have liked, but had an amazing day with my son. Looking forward to being back next week for some more turns.

afe2dd44a265ba35927c9e368547551c.jpg
965e77e21dfdafc77d3f4aebd5ec6943.jpg

Last edited:

Kleetus

Well that was fun. I didn't get into every nook and cranny I would have liked, but had an amazing day with my son. Looking forward to being back next week for some more turns.

afe2dd44a265ba35927c9e368547551c.jpg
965e77e21dfdafc77d3f4aebd5ec6943.jpg

It was pretty sweet. Somehow I didn't rendezvous with any of the AZers in attendance. Guess we were all too busy finding and exploiting our stashes