• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017 Injury Thread

Jcb890

Anyone else ever skied with a broken big toe? Banged mine up a week ago and I'm going to the Dr. today to get a formal diagnosis...still hurts to walk on it, and I was able to get it in a ski boot but it was uncomfortable.

:(
Not a toe, but I rode last season with a fractured finger (snowblower accident). It sucked any time I'd fall and hit my hand or forget about it and go to use the finger.

dlague

Not a toe, but I rode last season with a fractured finger (snowblower accident). It sucked any time I'd fall and hit my hand or forget about it and go to use the finger.

My wife skied with a broken thumb complements of skiing the trees at Ragged during a low snow season two years ago. Went to urgent care and they splinter of sorts over it and she skied the following weekend at AZ Summit. She was more careful for a bit.

hammer

I managed fine last weekend. Cold temps numbed the toe up nicely so I only had to deal with a bit of swelling and inflammation after the short day was done. Steady stream of Naproxen over a few days helped as well, although my stomach didn't appreciate it.

I skied with a bad finger sprain a few years back which was no big deal. Guessing a thumb could be more problematic.

Terry

I skied with a ruptured disc and no feeling in my left leg in 2012. First day was a bit weird but got used to it. Doctor said the feeling would come back as it healed and he was right. Just a little numb on the bottom of my left foot now.