• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

blow torch

smac75

MRG closing on Sunday temporarily.

Killington closing the Skyeship lodge/gondi next week due to snow loss.

Radar indicating snow already mixing in in So VT. Northern VT and the ADKs might make out really well tonight.

Dumping buckets outside my window in Fayston at the moment. BUCKETS!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
That's VERY optimistic radar for So VT your currently looking at now then!!!

I've got 50 degrees (down from 62 a couple of hours ago) and HEAVY rain on my back deck at Mount Snow now (8:05PM) - the local Albany Station I have on TV now has the rain/snow transition line at roughly I-87 in NY now.

Under 32 degrees at the top of Mount Snow on the webcam- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhrZO_b8TlA

:dontknow:

fbrissette

Currently snowing at Jay. We had rain for about 40 minutes. Looks like we'll dodge the worse.

Lost 2.5 feet of snow depth in the woods beside my condo. Tough week.

drjeff

Under 32 degrees at the top of Mount Snow on the webcam- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhrZO_b8TlA

:dontknow:
Temps falling QUICKLY on my back deck now!! Down to 38 (a 12 degree drop in about 45 minutes!!) with some wet, gloppy snow blobs (can't really call the flakes) starting to mix in with the moderate to heavy rain and the winds are really starting to pick up as well!!

One of my friends who lives about 2 miles South of Mount Snow along route 100 backing up on part of the Deerfield River just texted me that the river has come up about 2 feet in the last 2 hours!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Plowboy

Looks like it's adding up on the top of App Gap Rt 17!!

Attachments

• Image-707029-707029-0-0.jpg
    Image-707029-707029-0-0.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 113

cdskier

Looks like it's adding up on the top of App Gap Rt 17!!

And yet barely a dusting so far looking out the window of my condo which is a bit above the LP base elevation. Was raining quite hard earlier when I was making dinner. So depressing seeing how much was lost today when I was out skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

Lincoln peak (at sugarbush)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

LONGBOARDR

Currently snowing at Jay. We had rain for about 40 minutes. Looks like we'll dodge the worse.

Lost 2.5 feet of snow depth in the woods beside my condo. Tough week.

Yeah snowing from my perch on 242 now @ 22:30, 2+ inches so far, awesome.
whatta transition!!
A week long bomb of snow into PDW then spring all week.
Holy fucking sap run.
Def lost some depth here at Jay, but dropped exhibition, office, Upper Can am today and tuckermans chute.
Bumps underneath red chair were great!
Most terrain solid and deep, a few skirtable dirt spots on some natural trails.
2 ft will erase the warm up here.
Wait 3-4 days boom.

FWIW I skied presidents day saturday till 1130am, there were knee deep untracked lines all morning but got heavier as temps heated up. Yeah there were liftlines, but some reports on AZ were hyperventilated IMO as a Jay 25yr skier. I burned my quads by 11 and I do 60+ dpyr. OMG the lines on the ridge were sickly deep, doable for older weekender legs and all the woods were so great. I'd rather deal with a slower lifts with occasional wind closures than catch a fast chair to nowhere. Just saying Jay ain't going Okemo, Stratton (insert cheese ski AREA)......Staying weird here.

BenedictGomez

Looks like my prediction that from central VT to northern VT would escape the doom & gloom forecasts has held pretty well. The temps were just too marginal for the dire calls I felt, and the mid and upper levels all looked safely in the clear to me.

Glenn

Rained pretty good for a bit last night at our place in SoVT. Woke up to about 30-31F earlier and wind. And some light snow showers. We lost some snow around the house because of the rain. The stream behind our house is ripping pretty good.

On the plus side, they fired up the snowguns at Stratton earlier this morning.

tnt1234

Looks like my prediction that from central VT to northern VT would escape the doom & gloom forecasts has held pretty well. The temps were just too marginal for the dire calls I felt, and the mid and upper levels all looked safely in the clear to me.

Any thoughts on next weekend?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm going. Life is too short. Bringing my front side groomer skis with sharp edges. Unless we get a dump or another warm spell, woods are out of play. They key is how well they groom. I'm heading farther north and hitting the slopes early in the day and the bar early.l

jmgard

I have one of those ski card things with a bunch of 1day lift tickets on it. I'm thinking of going up to Bretton Woods tomorrow because I've heard they're good at snowmaking/grooming and even though I usually like the weirder stuff, they're probably a safer bet when the weather is questionable. But I also could go to Burke or Smuggs, and I have a Pico ticket I haven't used yet either. Planning on using my beater skis so I'm alright with whatever. Anyone know which one of these is looking the best right now? Thanks

cm0311

I have one of those ski card things with a bunch of 1day lift tickets on it. I'm thinking of going up to Bretton Woods tomorrow because I've heard they're good at snowmaking/grooming and even though I usually like the weirder stuff, they're probably a safer bet when the weather is questionable. But I also could go to Burke or Smuggs, and I have a Pico ticket I haven't used yet either. Planning on using my beater skis so I'm alright with whatever. Anyone know which one of these is looking the best right now? Thanks

might head to Bretton woods this morning. I'm about 1.5 hours from it.