• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

blow torch

ALLSKIING

Staff member
MRG closing on Sunday temporarily.

Killington closing the Skyeship lodge/gondi next week due to snow loss.

Radar indicating snow already mixing in in So VT. Northern VT and the ADKs might make out really well tonight.
To be clear they are blowing great northern and then reopening skyship

Sent from my LG-H901 using AlpineZone mobile app

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Bolton says, " heavy and wet snow left 3 inches by 6am this morning. Light snow is still falling... We are experiencing high winds this morning that could impact lift operations. "

Bromley: "gusts are currently clocking in over 50 mph."

Cannon: "
winds have died down"

Waterville: "
UPPER MOUNTAIN LIFTS ARE ON HOLD."

Stowe: Sensation Quad and Gondi are on hold , 10:03 am

9:50 am Mt. Snow Grand Summit opens

Last edited:

slatham

Winters coming back. Bit of patience this week but then we should be in a better pattern. Its unfortunate that for many the base will need to be built up to open natural terrain.

snoseek

I planned our Tahoe trip almost a year ago (skiing from 3/5 through 3/10) and it looks like it's going to pay off unless something weird happens weather wise. The rain would have sucked. Right now would suck also as half the mountains are closed and roads are blocked due to heavy snows. Looks like we might actually catch some normal good skiing weather and great snow conditions.

Don't want to jinx it though!

It looks to me like you're going to end up with super nice weather and Soft snow. Tahoe is about to jump into high pressure so no storm skiing but then again you wont have to deal with roads/ski areas closed and the base is all time out there right now so if you want to ski some techy lines then its game on. My buddy was complaining the other day because all the usual techy lines are skiing so easy this year lol!

snoseek

There's more snow in my backyard in Lee nh than at Crotched. Man we lost a lot of snow! I'm either skiing Attitash or Mount Snow tomorrow. Wish me luck as I don't have skinny race skis!

yeggous

Word from the Cat is rocks and grass showing and a sheet of ice. Ran into a couple other regulars who were bagging it and went out to breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

cm0311

There's more snow in my backyard in Lee nh than at Crotched. Man we lost a lot of snow! I'm either skiing Attitash or Mount Snow tomorrow. Wish me luck as I don't have skinny race skis!

Report back if you can. I have the day off Tuesday and looking to hit a mountain.

thebigo

Posting from the onset, mountain is in better shape than I anticipated. Woods are barren, bumps on ufo are bulletproof but there is loose snow or turnable hardpack most everywhere. Good news is that March looks cold, pond is full and they are still willing to fire up the guns. Good day to put your kid in radicals, she is the only one in the program.

snoseek

All I know is that it is 30 degrees with 40% humidity. We should hit wet bulb (27-40) by 7PM and there should be a 12 hour window. If i think of it, I'll put up a posting when the snowguns start up.

Yes, keep us updated. I was thinking they might wait till after Wednesday.

Anyone ski Wildcat, Attitash or mt Snow today? How bad? Where should I go tomorrow?

albert a ripper

Black Mt, last Saturday on the left and this Saturday on the right. Last night had some pretty crazy rain, so today it looked worse. Bummer.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1488153526.922461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
All I know is that it is 30 degrees with 40% humidity. We should hit wet bulb (27-40) by 7PM and there should be a 12 hour window. If i think of it, I'll put up a posting when the snowguns start up.
It is 7PM, temp is down to 27 degrees here, but I don't see lights on the hill and guns-a-blazin' as I would have expected. So I can only imagine something changed since I heard the announcement this AM that there would be snowmaking tonight.

dlague

It is 7PM, temp is down to 27 degrees here, but I don't see lights on the hill and guns-a-blazin' as I would have expected. So I can only imagine something changed since I heard the announcement this AM that there would be snowmaking tonight.
Maybe because they are waiting it out past the rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. Making snow now is possibly a waste of money since about an inch of rain is expected.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

I was driving through Rutland today and not a stitch of Snow on the ground - very depressing. In lake Placid now and they did get 4 or so inches of sticky snow here in town. Heading to Whiteface tomorrow where they report 5" but it could be very windy. Hopefully the sticky snow stuck.