2017 Injury Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2017 Injury Thread

Don't know if someone started one yet, if so mods can merge. And let me add I hope it is short thread

Hooked a tip yesterday on Rocket at Camelback and "pitch poled" my self down on top of my shoulder onto a fairly hard surface. Had it checked out by ski patrol and thankfully noting seems broken or dislocated just majorly bruised ( along with the ego). Affected range of motion which cut short my day, but thankfully while sore things seem to be getting better today. Be careful out there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Don't know if someone started one yet, if so mods can merge. And let me add I hope it is short thread

Hooked a tip yesterday on Rocket at Camelback and "pitch poled" my self down on top of my shoulder onto a fairly hard surface. Had it checked out by ski patrol and thankfully noting seems broken or dislocated just majorly bruised ( along with the ego). Affected range of motion which cut short my day, but thankfully while sore things seem to be getting better today. Be careful out there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    What's the weather like? Pouring in Jim Thorpe.
    Heal up quick, winter's not over yet !

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    What's the weather like? Pouring in Jim Thorpe.
    Heal up quick, winter's not over yet !
    We've had snow/sleet/rain here in NNJ. Word from people up at CBK, the same.

Luckly its minor. Between the weather and soreness skipping today but range of motion is better today and I'm looking to get back at it hopefully midweek.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Not injured this season but discovered this season.

My wife actually injured herself at last years AZ Summit skiing down Gondi Line. The binding actually hit her patella and dislocated it and fractured it as well. While she thought nothing of it and rested it for a couple of weeks, she since has been experiencing internal pain. With last seasons extended season, lots of hiking and this season it has become agitated. Now in the throws of this ski season her knee is bugging her more so she went to an ortho and had it X-Rayed where they discovered her injury. She now has to do Physical Therapy to realign the patella but refuses to stop skiing and she does not want surgery. The Doc told her to limit her skiing to groomers. However, somehow we manage to get on bumped up runs or chop and she then pays the price for a day or two.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Tore my mcl last april.. havent done anything for it and after the last 2 days on the hill i cant bend my right knee at all. Going to have to go under the knife

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Not injured this season but discovered this season.

My wife actually injured herself at last years AZ Summit skiing down Gondi Line. The binding actually hit her patella and dislocated it and fractured it as well. While she thought nothing of it and rested it for a couple of weeks, she since has been experiencing internal pain. With last seasons extended season, lots of hiking and this season it has become agitated. Now in the throws of this ski season her knee is bugging her more so she went to an ortho and had it X-Rayed where they discovered her injury. She now has to do Physical Therapy to realign the patella but refuses to stop skiing and she does not want surgery. The Doc told her to limit her skiing to groomers. However, somehow we manage to get on bumped up runs or chop and she then pays the price for a day or two.
    My wife had her knee totally rebuilt, mostly skis groomers but will do smaller bumps. She did it over a summer, started PT pronto, and was skiing by next season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    Tore my mcl last april.. havent done anything for it and after the last 2 days on the hill i cant bend my right knee at all. Going to have to go under the knife

Sorry to hear it. Get it fixed, there will be other ski seasons.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

My wife had her knee totally rebuilt, mostly skis groomers but will do smaller bumps. She did it over a summer, started PT pronto, and was skiing by next season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Cool that she is still out there!

That is the way to do it! I tore my ACL, had it replaced and recovered during the summer and hit up early season at K town in early November.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Sorry to hear it. Get it fixed, there will be other ski seasons.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Yea im more worried about my hockey season right now.. (mens league) we started our own team last season and went undefeated.. 2nd season 4-0 and teams want to beat us bad. My kids are under 3 so i have a couple more years until we are up north a whole lot more than now

Anyone else ever skied with a broken big toe? Banged mine up a week ago and I'm going to the Dr. today to get a formal diagnosis...still hurts to walk on it, and I was able to get it in a ski boot but it was uncomfortable.

Thread Information