Windham vs Belleayre this Saturday?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windham vs Belleayre this Saturday?

Hi, wondering where to go this Saturday that will be best for people who stick to greens and blues. Usually go to Blue Mt in PA or Stratton in VT but looking for a quick day trip not too far from NYC and looks like these two got better snow recently vs PA. Know it's a holiday weekend so hoping to avoid a mess. Thoughts?

Windham is one of the most boring mountains I have skied. Gets ridiculously over crowded on busy weekends, and they charge a fortune. Is choose Bell no question.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Yea you will walk into a mess this weekend at windham

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

And Bell has a completely separate area for Beginners. Its where I learned to ski..has its own lifts...another great thing about it is the upper mountain has a mid way getoff point to avoid the single and double D's at the top. So you can...the blues...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Windham vs. Belleayre = PLATTEKILL! Even for Blues.....
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Windham is a no go! It will be a shit show with wall to wall Gerrys. Past Saturday non holiday had 8000+/- customers. Parked people at golf course and bused them in! I'm thinking jay peak

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Belleayre 's green trails are the best. From the top of Belleayre there are 3 blue trails with roaring brook and deer run being both easy blue trails.

At Belleayre I would recommend parking down at the lower Discovery Lodge. Get the folks that want to ski green trails going down their. When ready to ski the blues I would take the shuttle bus from the Discovery lodge parking lot over to Tomahawk lift 8 . Take the Tomahawk lift 8 to the top and ski the easy Deer Run trail. This avoids the HSQ Superchief lift 6 which will have longer lift lines this weekend. To ski back to both either upper Overlook or lower Discovery lodge from Lift 8 you need to get off at midstation to take blue intermediate trails back.

For rentals I would recommend Potter Brothers in Kingston right off the NY State Thruway.

Many good large hotels to stay in Kingston, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    Windham is a no go! It will be a shit show with wall to wall Gerrys. Past Saturday non holiday had 8000+/- customers. Parked people at golf course and bused them in! I'm thinking jay peak
    8000? Damn! Sugarbush a couple weeks ago on a Saturday had 7700 on a "busy" day. And they have the terrain to spread people out so it didn't seem nearly that crowded. I can't imagine what Windham must've been like with those type of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by catskills View Post
    At Belleayre I would recommend parking down at the lower Discovery Lodge. Get the folks that want to ski green trails going down their. When ready to ski the blues I would take the shuttle bus from the Discovery lodge parking lot over to Tomahawk lift 8 . Take the Tomahawk lift 8 to the top and ski the easy Deer Run trail. This avoids the HSQ Superchief lift 6 which will have longer lift lines this weekend. To ski back to both either upper Overlook or lower Discovery lodge from Lift 8 you need to get off at midstation to take blue intermediate trails back.
    Does Bell still have the small ticket shack by the Tomahawk lift? I'm hoping to go there Monday and from everything mentioned on their website it seems they may not have it anymore (or they are keeping it a secret). I used to always try to park there and grab a ticket at that shack but haven't been there in 5 years or so.

Was at Belle yesterday- conditions were far better than expected- 100% open with boot high pow in the trees. Snowed hard all afternoon, probably picked up 2" over 3 hours.
    Dreamcatcher.jpg
    This was in Dreamcatcher glades. This old timer left me in his dust.The dude is crazy good.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Thread Information