• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat- Where to stay

HD333

Heading to Wildcat in a few weeks for a guys weekend. Looking for suggestions on where to stay. More concerned about after skiing activities then closeness to the mountain. Any suggestions that are close to Red Parka? Any chance for walking there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeski

The Comfort Inn in N. Conway is nice. You could go north of the notch and go to Town and Country Inn. The nice thing about the later is Sunday River is just over the border so you could hit both.

gmcunni

i was just there, did a condo thru AirBNB. was in North Conway so probably not where you want to be but when i was shopping there were lots of condos all around North Conway and Jackson.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Can't think of anything within walking distance of the Parka. If stumbling distance from watering holes is a priority, Adventure Suites puts you right near Moat Brewery and McGraths tavern.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

frapcap

Can't think of anything within walking distance of the Parka. If stumbling distance from watering holes is a priority, Adventure Suites puts you right near Moat Brewery and McGraths tavern.

Also check out Stonehurst Manor. It looks expensive, but really isn't bad compared to some of the other hotels. It is also close to the same places mentioned above, just a little more effort of walking up a hill.
They also have a fancy looking bar/lounge area if you're into that kind of thing. The restaurant is pretty decent, too.

If you absolutely want to be near the Red Parka, check out the Seasons at Attitash. Alternatively, look into some condos on Craigslist, Home Away, VRBO, etc. I think the Story Brook Inn and Suites is closed for the season but worth a look.

SnoDevil97

I think Jackson 's a cool little town. Stayed at the Wentworth a few years ago & really enjoyed it (the included breakfast in the dining room is amazing). I like the Red Fox & the Shannon Door, both fun places to eat & drink.

prsboogie

For some reason I am under the impression that they aren't open during the winter. I never see any cars there when I drive by.

There the place next door to the Scarecrow pub (which I've never been to by the way) Seasons would be the closest to the Parka or Fox Run if you can find a owner on Homeaway or AIRBnB

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

There the place next door to the Scarecrow pub (which I've never been to by the way) Seasons would be the closest to the Parka or Fox Run if you can find a owner on Homeaway or AIRBnB

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Scarecrow is out of business. The Moat brewery has some guest rooms on the upper floors.

Lodging is really nonexistent near the Parka, except for the one place already mentioned. There are two ski clubs immediately next door to the Parka which happily accept guests if you're interested. PM me for details.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

skifree

any uber/taxi/courtesy shuttles in area?
otherwise befriend a teetotaler.

yeggous

any uber/taxi/courtesy shuttles in area?
otherwise befriend a teetotaler.

Sure. But there is only one local taxi company and it is $$$.

I've exactly twice managed to secure an Uber in the valley. Don't count on it.

prsboogie

Scarecrow is out of business. The Moat brewery has some guest rooms on the upper floors.

I knew it was for sale but didn't know if they were still open whilst looking for a buyer. Forgot about the Moat rooms.

Brad J

Golden Apple, on 302 two miles or so up the road. The motel near the parka is closed during the winter.