• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

cdskier

I don't know about increases in pass cost this year. My pass at Sugarbuh went from $1,099 to $799 and without doing anything a all. And now I get 50% off lift tickets at all Mountain collective resorts. I will take full advantage of that next year also by calling all my transplant friends and taking them up on accommodations. Nothing like vacations with free lodging and 1/2 price tickets.

Mine went up $50...but no complaining from me as it is a great price. Still cheaper than I paid 2 years ago and the 50% off Mountain Collective thing is very interesting as something to take advantage of.

Hawk

Mine went up $50...but no complaining from me as it is a great price. Still cheaper than I paid 2 years ago and the 50% off Mountain Collective thing is very interesting as something to take advantage of.

Why did it go up? Because the kids are extra instead of included?

machski

I don't know about increases in pass cost this year. My pass at Sugarbuh went from $1,099 to $799 and without doing anything a all. And now I get 50% off lift tickets at all Mountain collective resorts. I will take full advantage of that next year also by calling all my transplant friends and taking them up on accommodations. Nothing like vacations with free lodging and 1/2 price tickets.
Take advantage now. Many analysts don't expect pass prices to stay low for much longer with the now two giants playing inside the industry. Of course, being a New England Passer, I saw no decrease this year so I will be interested to see if any price pressure hits ours for 18-19.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

Why did it go up? Because the kids are extra instead of included?

No...they just raised the price of the "For30s" pass from $499 to $549 (and also extended the age range from 30-35 to 30-39). Still a steal. I was perfectly content paying the previous adult price prior to the creation of a pass for people in their 30s last year. That was a nice surprise last fall when I got a refund after they announced the new pass for my age group.

drjeff

I look at it this way, in the over 20 years I've been buying a season pass, I've seen the price go from a low of around $350 as I remember my last ASC All for 1 pass being, up to almost $1000 with one of my Peak Nor'easter passes, and now back down to $600 for my Peak Explorer pass. I've seen my kids passes go from about $750 now down to $400.

In the end, some years it costs a bit more than others, but I've never reached the end of a season where I felt like I didn't get my money's worth from the pass that was hanging off my coat pocket that season.

Pass prices will fluctuate. Right now, we're in a cycle where the prices seem to be going down. My guess is that at some point they'll start to go back up as the cyclic nature of pass pricing continues....

Hawk

Take advantage now. Many analysts don't expect pass prices to stay low for much longer with the now two giants playing inside the industry. Of course, being a New England Passer, I saw no decrease this year so I will be interested to see if any price pressure hits ours for 18

Sugarbush is usually pretty consistent. I bet they stick with it for a couple of years.

Riverskier

Bronze New England Pass again. I will get about 25 days on it for $450 and get to ski midweek. I will get about 5 days elsewhere on cheap lift tickets.

Jully

Take advantage now. Many analysts don't expect pass prices to stay low for much longer with the now two giants playing inside the industry. Of course, being a New England Passer, I saw no decrease this year so I will be interested to see if any price pressure hits ours for 18-19.

Agreed! Last year I had the option to buy a Peaks pass at a cheaper price as I could take off the price of a few vouchers that I was redeeming in March and I didn't take it. I regret that decision. This year I did not do that.

I bet the northeast will see cheap passes for awhile longer than the west, especially Colorado which is literally down to 2 players + Copper near Denver. As long as Peaks hangs around in the east, Ragged stays cheap, and the Max exists, places will be hard pressed to raise pass prices. Heck, even the Boyne pass isn't a terrible deal.

Of course Peaks has debt trouble and Max might not exist next year... but we'll see!

cdskier

???

Did I miss some news? (not a MAX holder)

Just speculation based on the Intrawest acquisition by Aspen...have to wait and see what ends up happening. I think MAX will still exist in some form or else you'll see something else created to replace it.

Jully

???

Did I miss some news? (not a MAX holder)

Just speculation based on the Intrawest acquisition by Aspen...have to wait and see what ends up happening. I think MAX will still exist in some form or else you'll see something else created to replace it.

Exactly. Chances are Max will live on, but I think Intrawest runs Max right now as the Intrawest address is listed on the Max website.

I was primarily just speaking in worst case scenarios. Peaks is also not going anywhere anytime soon in all likelihood.

Jcb890

Exactly. Chances are Max will live on, but I think Intrawest runs Max right now as the Intrawest address is listed on the Max website.

I was primarily just speaking in worst case scenarios. Peaks is also not going anywhere anytime soon in all likelihood.
It would be cool if they joined forces.

MAX is going to lose some big resorts next season though most likely since Intrawest has been sold to Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL Capital Partners - Stratton, Tremblant, Steamboat, Winter Park, Snowshoe (WV), Blue Mountain (Ontario) and Canadian Mountain Holidays, a heli-skiing and heli-hiking company with 13 lodges in British Columbia.

4aprice

It would be cool if they joined forces.

MAX is going to lose some big resorts next season though most likely since Intrawest has been sold to Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL Capital Partners - Stratton, Tremblant, Steamboat, Winter Park, Snowshoe (WV), Blue Mountain (Ontario) and Canadian Mountain Holidays, a heli-skiing and heli-hiking company with 13 lodges in British Columbia.

The death might be the Rocky Mountain Super Pass which is a good pass product and one I will be sorry to see go. I wonder how they plan to compete with Epic in the local Denver market? Winter Park is awesome but it's 3 against 1 in the front range (taking Copper out of the mix). Steamboat is 2 hrs beyond WP, not a factor. Do they somehow keep Copper in the mix? I don't believe Arapahoe is owned by Vail. Copper is tied to Eldora too. Crested Butte was another one with RMSP relations. A lot of interesting scenario's could play out. Next March will be interesting.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Jully

The death might be the Rocky Mountain Super Pass which is a good pass product and one I will be sorry to see go. I wonder how they plan to compete with Epic in the local Denver market? Winter Park is awesome but it's 3 against 1 in the front range (taking Copper out of the mix). Steamboat is 2 hrs beyond WP, not a factor. Do they somehow keep Copper in the mix? I don't believe Arapahoe is owned by Vail. Copper is tied to Eldora too. Crested Butte was another one with RMSP relations. A lot of interesting scenario's could play out. Next March will be interesting.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

If Aspen is really serious about competing in the front range Denver market, I definitely think Eldora, Copper, WP, makes a really compelling pass. There are two questions there though: 1) Does Aspen want to compete like that? 2) Can they work out any deal with Powdr to make that happen? I heard that Aspen was originally only interested in Intrawest's Colorado offerings. They only teamed up with KSL when Intrawest refused to sell piecemeal.

I'm assuming Loveland is fiercely independent and doesn't want any collaboration?

4aprice

If Aspen is really serious about competing in the front range Denver market, I definitely think Eldora, Copper, WP, makes a really compelling pass. There are two questions there though: 1) Does Aspen want to compete like that? 2) Can they work out any deal with Powdr to make that happen? I heard that Aspen was originally only interested in Intrawest's Colorado offerings. They only teamed up with KSL when Intrawest refused to sell piecemeal.

I'm assuming Loveland is fiercely independent and doesn't want any collaboration?

There you go, keep Copper/Eldora (powdr) in the mix, to compete in Denver, then add Killington/Pico in the east,(What else does Powdr own?). I'd be interested.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

machski

There you go, keep Copper/Eldora (powdr) in the mix, to compete in Denver, then add Killington/Pico in the east,(What else does Powdr own?). I'd be interested.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Aspen has stated when the whole thing is done that they intend to market and keep the Aspen 4 separate from the remained of the new portfolio. Whether they stick to that or not remains to be seen, but if so, they will have zero interest in teaming with Powdr. One issue with Aspen's direction is getting caught price colluding with the rest of the portfolio if the try to keep them separate from the rest.

ERJ-145CA

I bought unlimited passes for my wife, daughter and I at Mt. Peter in NY for next season. It's always cheapest in spring.

$229 for adults and $199 for juniors.

I'll buy my weekday pass at Mountain Creek in the fall when they go on sale. I paid $299 for this past season.

Jcb890

I bought unlimited passes for my wife, daughter and I at Mt. Peter in NY for next season. It's always cheapest in spring.

$229 for adults and $199 for juniors.

I'll buy my weekday pass at Mountain Creek in the fall when they go on sale. I paid $299 for this past season.
I believe Mountain Creek you can Add-On the MAX as well if you're interested. There might not be anything close enough to make it worth it for you though unless you're planning a trip.

cdskier

I believe Mountain Creek you can Add-On the MAX as well if you're interested. There might not be anything close enough to make it worth it for you though unless you're planning a trip.

The weekday Mountain Creek pass wouldn't qualify for the add-on.

Otherwise I'd agree that would be a great deal. At the very least the tickets to Belleayre and Windham would be day trip options for many Mountain Creek passholders.