• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

Tin

Ya I'd love to get fucked at the tune of saving two hundred dollars for an unlimited pass. Wahwahwah I'm a whinny mellinnial that expects shit for free. 🙄

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

d9ae3bfe5880bc11765838dcd10c8f9c_buddy-jesus-meme-generator-bro-meme-generator_400-400.jpeg

Magic + MRG/Bush = $618 next year lol

Jcb890

Ya I'd love to get fucked at the tune of saving two hundred dollars for an unlimited pass. Wahwahwah I'm a whinny mellinnial that expects shit for free. ��

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm 30+ and don't qualify for the Drifter, hence the 30+ crowd getting screwed per usual. I guess they assume 30-somethings have more money than 20-somethings. The 30+ pass is still a good deal and we picked ours up, just found it interesting the under-30 pass price didn't increase and doesn't until 12/15.

Smellytele

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm 30+ and don't qualify for the Drifter, hence the 30+ crowd getting screwed per usual. I guess they assume 30-somethings have more money than 20-somethings. The 30+ pass is still a good deal and we picked ours up, just found it interesting the under-30 pass price didn't increase and doesn't until 12/15.

I am only glad for this because I can hold off and get my college son a pass later in the year.

Jcb890

I am only glad for this because I can hold off and get my college son a pass later in the year.
I don't have an issue at all with the price not going up until December, it would just be nice if all of the passes were that way. I guess it doesn't matter anyways since we've made our purchase already and used our passes already. I'm still trying to convince my brother in his 20's to get a pass too, so it'll give me another few months to try and break him down, haha.

xwhaler

I have no issue with early pass deadlines. It's incentive to buy the pass early so you can use it in the Spring.
With Peaks offering no interest payment plans combined with low buy early pricing it's hard to complain to be honest.

cdskier

I have no issue with early pass deadlines. It's incentive to buy the pass early so you can use it in the Spring.
With Peaks offering no interest payment plans combined with low buy early pricing it's hard to complain to be honest.

At some ski areas the early deadlines are intended to generate cash that is used to fund off-season improvement projects. Obviously Peaks doesn't fall into that category with the no interest payment plans they offer though.

The whole "spring incentive" thing I often wonder how many people really can take advantage of. It really is only an advantage the very first year you have a particular pass. After that you're a passholder and already getting access to spring skiing. You only benefit again from that if you switch and buy a pass to a different area.

Jcb890

At some ski areas the early deadlines are intended to generate cash that is used to fund off-season improvement projects. Obviously Peaks doesn't fall into that category with the no interest payment plans they offer though.

The whole "spring incentive" thing I often wonder how many people really can take advantage of. It really is only an advantage the very first year you have a particular pass. After that you're a passholder and already getting access to spring skiing. You only benefit again from that if you switch and buy a pass to a different area.
I have spoken to a couple of people that rotate passes from year-to-year to get the extra Spring skiing/riding they want.

Domeskier

I have spoken to a couple of people that rotate passes from year-to-year to get the extra Spring skiing/riding they want.

Do they stop riding the first resort when the pass to the second resort becomes effective? Not really sure how you win out economically on this play, but I guess it gives you variety.

Jcb890

Do they stop riding the first resort when the pass to the second resort becomes effective? Not really sure how you win out economically on this play, but I guess it gives you variety.
I didn't ask exactly what their plan was. All I know is that this year they went from Peak Pass to New Englander so they had Wildcat, Sunday River and Sugarloaf as Spring options as opposed to just Wildcat.

Domeskier

I didn't ask exactly what their plan was. All I know is that this year they went from Peak Pass to New Englander so they had Wildcat, Sunday River and Sugarloaf as Spring options as opposed to just Wildcat.

Not a bad result, in any event.

xwhaler

I did that this yr. Ragged passholder but went with Peaks for 17-18. I knew I was going with Peaks anyways so the added benefit of spring turns was just a bonus.
I ended up doing 2 wknds where I skied both Crotched and Ragged before each closed.
I then got 2 days at Wildcat to close out my season. Ended up with 4 "free" bonus days.

While I didn't do it for the bonus days it did make me think if you like variety you can switch passes each yr and effectively get 4-8 weeks of additional variety on the back end.
It could be a strategy to employ.

prsboogie

My point is I'd like to get a unlimited pass for $399 and not have to pay $200 more plus having to buy $800 dollars of kids passes. $$1600 for a family of four is better than $1800-2000 depending on blackout vs non blackout. I get the theory that the 20-30s crowd is supposed to have less money but it burns my ass when that same age group complains about their cheap passes that go up. It wasn't necessarily directed at you and didn't mean to upset you if I did.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

My point is I'd like to get a unlimited pass for $399 and not have to pay $200 more plus having to buy $800 dollars of kids passes. $$1600 for a family of four is better than $1800-2000 depending on blackout vs non blackout. I get the theory that the 20-30s crowd is supposed to have less money but it burns my ass when that same age group complains about their cheap passes that go up. It wasn't necessarily directed at you and didn't mean to upset you if I did.

Gotcha. No worries, I hear what you're saying and agree.

dlague

The 30 somethings are the group they should be attracting since they are more than likely starting a family and are holding the keys to the industry's future through their own kids. I know the idea is to hookem' in their twenties and hopefully it sticks. Oddly enough, the largest demographic is 25-34 age group then drops of by nearly 7% for the 35-44 age group. the 18-24 age group id one of the smaller segments - probably why they are being targeted.

cdskier

The 30 somethings are the group they should be attracting since they are more than likely starting a family and are holding the keys to the industry's future through their own kids. I know the idea is to hookem' in their twenties and hopefully it sticks. Oddly enough, the largest demographic is 25-34 age group then drops of by nearly 7% for the 35-44 age group. the 18-24 age group id one of the smaller segments - probably why they are being targeted.

I wonder if that played a role in Sugarbush extending their "Early 30s" pass from this year to cover the entire 30-something age range for next year.

Smellytele

Well when pass prices go up after 30 something maybe that is the reason for the 7% drop off. Just prolongs the inevitable i guess.

Jully

Demographic of what though? Season pass holders? Skier days?

Well when pass prices go up after 30 something maybe that is the reason for the 7% drop off. Just prolongs the inevitable i guess.

Many other things happen between 25 and 35 though that may influence this. Pass increases certainly don't help though, but how many places nationally have a cheaper 20s pass (assuming these are national demographics)? It still seems to be a relatively new pass idea. Vail, the largest season pass knowledge source doesn't have a cheaper pass for younger people.

Jully

Who complains about cheap pass prices going up in that age group? I've certainly have never heard any more complaints about pass increase deadlines from that age group v. others. Anyone buying a season pass, in my experience, understands price increases are the name of the game.

Hawk

I don't know about increases in pass cost this year. My pass at Sugarbuh went from $1,099 to $799 and without doing anything a all. And now I get 50% off lift tickets at all Mountain collective resorts. I will take full advantage of that next year also by calling all my transplant friends and taking them up on accommodations. Nothing like vacations with free lodging and 1/2 price tickets.