• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

ERJ-145CA

The weekday pass at Mountain Creek is actually the weekday plus pass which is also good after 4pm on weekends with no blackout dates. They haven't offered the plain weekday pass the past 2 seasons. Mountain Creek is only 10 minutes down the road for me and I have a lot of weekdays off work so it's a no brainer.

I don't think I would make the MAX pass worth the cost just because when I'm home during the week the wife is usually working so I have to get the kids off to school and be home when they come home so I only have a few hours.

The Catskills are about a two hour drive and The Poconos are an hour to 1:45 depending on the ski area. So it's definitely day trip distance if I have all day.

cdskier

To clarify my earlier statement, according to the MAX website, only the following Mountain Creek passes would be eligible for the add-on anyway:
Mountain Creek All Access Season Pass
Mountain Creek All Access Springster Pass (this one seemed a bit surprising to be eligible, but I guess you wouldn't get the benefit of using the MAX add-on all season perhaps since it doesn't go on sale until Feb or so?)

Jcb890

I just recalled Mountain Creek being one of the "home base" mountains which could be added onto last year. I had no idea what the restrictions were, but I thought their season pass price was like $299 when I had looked.

dlague

Haha - got this in the mail today.

05e01ad0b8f27b8e2311d05f40ea27e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Folks like to give the USPS a hard time, but I'd like to see UPS or FedEx deliver that to you with your street address all blacked out.

hahaha! Good one. Somewhere along the line they must have got and address change then thought I should enter this into our system in case they want to buy a season pass or something.

ERJ-145CA

I just recalled Mountain Creek being one of the "home base" mountains which could be added onto last year. I had no idea what the restrictions were, but I thought their season pass price was like $299 when I had looked.
For this past season I paid $299 for a weekday+ pass but I bought it through my son's so club, the non ski club price was $329. I think the unlimited pass was around $379. That was in the fall when they typically sell their passes for the cheapest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

The paper says it's going to operate as usual. BTW it was only called Action Park for two seasons this decade, now it's back to being called Mountain Creek Waterpark.
I went to action park in the 80s on the way home from wedding for a cousin. When I was 13 that place was awesome. Unlike anywhere I had been in New England at the time. I remember there was a jumping cliff that I thought was the shit but may not have been??!!??

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

catskillman

hahaha! Good one. Somewhere along the line they must have got and address change then thought I should enter this into our system in case they want to buy a season pass or something.
The PO sends updates on address changes to marketing firms to update their database for a fee. Any up to date and sizeable company uses the service. Cannon's bad is not having the Database manager (internal or external) sort the db based on the correct criteria for each mailing. Maybe they did that and still wanted to reach folks in your criteria.

There is also a process called reverse append. Credit cards companies will provide your address (for a fee) if you used a card at their place of business. For example, you bought skis at Cannon with your credit card, they want to know your address to send propaganda related to someone who made a big purchase there.

Domeskier

I went to action park in the 80s on the way home from wedding for a cousin. When I was 13 that place was awesome. Unlike anywhere I had been in New England at the time. I remember there was a jumping cliff that I thought was the shit but may not have been??!!??

There is a brief clip of the cliff in this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWJpFEJw9M

It's a shame they changed the name, because the theme song can't be beat.

benski

One year recently the name on there website was Action Park again. When I saw that I was shocked.

dlague

The PO sends updates on address changes to marketing firms to update their database for a fee. Any up to date and sizeable company uses the service. Cannon's bad is not having the Database manager (internal or external) sort the db based on the correct criteria for each mailing. Maybe they did that and still wanted to reach folks in your criteria.

There is also a process called reverse append. Credit cards companies will provide your address (for a fee) if you used a card at their place of business. For example, you bought skis at Cannon with your credit card, they want to know your address to send propaganda related to someone who made a big purchase there.

Interesting - probably cost more to filter out folks that moved than it is just to send it!

cdskier

Interesting - probably cost more to filter out folks that moved than it is just to send it!

And for all they know you only moved temporarily or plan on coming back or know someone else who may be interested in a pass, etc. If I'm sending out mail to previous customers, I'm going to send it out no matter where they currently live because you just never know. One pass sale alone would probably make up the cost of mailing out hundreds of cards.

dlague

And for all they know you only moved temporarily or plan on coming back or know someone else who may be interested in a pass, etc. If I'm sending out mail to previous customers, I'm going to send it out no matter where they currently live because you just never know. One pass sale alone would probably make up the cost of mailing out hundreds of cards.

True!

4aprice

8929cf4ac60afabc2352e5160f26bc06.jpg
Says it all, zero engineering, "Hey, you know what'd be cool?" Doesn't even look real.

Cool video on the place. Never went, but remember the commercials on TV when I was a kid.

https://youtu.be/V4xfXy_yD8w
Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

It will never be what it once was. There was a reason we called it "Death Park" and there have been several threads where Reno, Spring Mountain High, myself etc discussed it. (Look for thread when Interwest sold MC) It was something that had to be experienced. Versions since have been much tamer. Really want to know what went on there, goggle Weird New Jersey and look it up.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ