• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Go to

djspookman

they have held official mountain sponsored terrain competitions on upper black line, so it certainly is skiable. just needs a lot of snow. i guess a little nuts wouldn't hurt. i certainly wouldn't hesitate with most of the rocks covered up, but that would take a lot of snow. it was only put on the map recently i believe.

I was scoping that when I was up there saturday. Just needs a few more feet of "filler" and it should be skiable... I'd love to this season, but we just need more of that snow stuff!

I had a blast up there Saturday though, hit Talisman a bunch with the wife, and then Twilight Zone a few times, as well as Slide of Hans. Everything was good, one hit a few rocks, but this place is definately a hidden gem!

Dave

JimG.

Staff member
magic. that is all. i'm not a real sentimental person or anything but this is a place skiers come to read and co-exist so i'll just say it. I want magic to stay in business. friday was the most crowded i've seen it in recent memory. and there was never a line at all. If you havent gone, go now. GO!

I agree with Pat.

Keep Magic alive!

JimG.

Staff member
Definitely worth it. I drove 7 hours to ski it before I moved to VT! It was even worth that! Of course, there was also 3 feet of fresh powder, and they were 100%. It's really an unbelievable mountain. Kind of like a southern VT MRG.

It was 3 hr 45 min each way for me...and worth every second of driving.

roark

they have held official mountain sponsored terrain competitions on upper black line, so it certainly is skiable. just needs a lot of snow. i guess a little nuts wouldn't hurt. i certainly wouldn't hesitate with most of the rocks covered up, but that would take a lot of snow. it was only put on the map recently i believe.
I guess I wasn't clear. Not skiable right now, needs more snow.

sledhaulingmedic

Upper black isn't skiable. Unless you're nuts. So maybe...
Saw several people on Lucifer but I wasn't willing to risk life, limb, and skis.

"Blackline" is skiable, with a lot of snow. I've done it many times. However, "Blackline" as a trail, as it exists right now, is not realy a trail (despite what "Wizard" might want you to believe) because of the lack of clearance to the chairs. ("We don't have clearance,Clarence!")