• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skier-dies-in-accident-at-hunter today !!

dlague

Just out of curiosity, why does that drive your wife crazy? And also out of curiosity, what is a gumby skid/scrape?

We see a lot of skiers going down steeper trails that they are ill prepared for and skiers are pizza wedging all the way down or snow boarders sliding down hill with the board perpendicular to the trail. Both act as snow plows and scrape things down to the ice or firm base. When things are soft or there is powder, I could careless.

mbedle

We see a lot of skiers going down steeper trails that they are ill prepared for and skiers are pizza wedging all the way down or snow boarders sliding down hill with the board perpendicular to the trail. Both act as snow plows and scrape things down to the ice or firm base. When things are soft or there is powder, I could careless.

That makes sense, just wasn't sure what they meant.

JimG.

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, why does that drive your wife crazy? And also out of curiosity, what is a gumby skid/scrape?

Remember Gumby? Green cartoon character? Basically an animated clay figure who would move by sliding around on one or both feet. No leg movement to speak of. That's what I think of when I see (and hear) a snowboarder slide scraping down a steep pitch.

The gumby skid/scrape. LOL I knew someone would ask!

dlague

Remember Gumby? Green cartoon character? Basically an animated clay figure who would move by sliding around on one or both feet. No leg movement to speak of. That's what I think of when I see (and hear) a snowboarder slide scraping down a steep pitch.

The gumby skid/scrape. LOL I knew someone would ask!
That will forever be the image I see a snowboarder dobthat now. Have to yell out Gumby!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

ea1378e019f06127b1d9d536e0f2fcfe.jpg