• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown 3-6-2017

Glenn

I need to get over there some day. I work up in that part of the state now.

loafer89

Area skied: Ski Sundown Connecticut

Date skied: March 6th, 2017 from 10-12pm

Surface conditions: Packed powder, hardpacked, loose granular.

Weather: Cobalt blue, temperature 27F at 10am and 38F at 12pm.

I decided to ski locally yesterday after 15 days at Mount Snow this season. Ski Sundown is about 35 miles away from where I live and had made snow in March for the first time that I can remember. Yesterday morning was clear and cold so I decided to ski there to take advantage of their 2 hour weekday ticket. The mountain was closed last Thursday and Friday so they could make snow 24/7 and they made an impressive amount of snow. Most trails have 2-4' of base and it;s 6' + in a few areas.
Gunbarrel Entrance:

DSC00172.jpg
posted image

Gunbarrel Top:

upload gambar

Gunbarrel looking up:

image uploader

Nor' Easter:

free picture upload

Exhibition:

free image uploading

Temptor:

free image host

Looking up Temptor:

image upload no size
limit

Deep cover on Satans Stairway:

post img

Sundown:

image hosting

loafer89

Snowmaking only completed yesterday morning, so there are very few terrain features and no seeded moguls.

powhunter

Stairway was nice corn snow yesterday. No great lines but still ROTD. The whole mountain was in great shape. If the bumps on gunbarrel get skied in plus the forecasted nat snow it should be pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk