Skiing with a jetpack

AlpineZone

Skiing with a jetpack

This guy is pretty wild. Video in the link.

http://jalopnik.com/sometimes-you-ju...thr-1793124386

Who has time to swap a jet engine into anything? Just strap that sucker to your back and get moving. Ski Cross world champion Filip Flisar’s jetpack is capable of propelling him to speeds of up to 75 mph on skis. That’ll permanently embed a few flies in your beard for sure.

As a person with a lifelong fear of skiing, this simultaneously looks pretty fun and also like a good way to get rekt. I might stick to cars. But for those who are willing to justbe the drag Beetle chassis that you always wanted to hold a jet engine, this is a perfectly insane way to get home in time for dinner.

According to Red Bull, Flisar’s custom jetpack pacts 88 lbs of thrust, and its 96,000 revolutions per minute rain down shame on even the highest-revving Formula One engine. Skydiving harnesses were adapted to keep everything in place, which is good, as it reaches up to 1,562° F in there.

That’s a small risk to take if you really want to go fast and feel true speed. Convertibles only put the wind through your hair (and your hair in your mouth, should you have any hair). This puts the wind through your whole body, man.
    The chairlift is a free rollercoaster!

2 things,James Bond didn't even have one of these and I hope that was his mother.
    SIKSKIER

Those skis are shot.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

looked like typical northeast conditions. Ice & loose granular over macadam.

That was excellent, thanks for putting that up. Wonder how much that weighs.

Gonna need to revisit my favorite mountain's uphill policy.

That would be good for those flat run outs! Flip the switch and haul.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    That was excellent, thanks for putting that up. Wonder how much that weighs.
    Judging by how uncomfortable and hunched he seemed in the video, I'm guessing quite a bit.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Judging by how uncomfortable and hunched he seemed in the video, I'm guessing quite a bit.
    A Paramotor looks a bit more comfortable altough a bit more vibration . This is not a new concept.

Thread Information