• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official March '17 Nor'easter Thread

spiderpig

Mohawk, Mountain Creek, and Thunder Ridge closed Tuesday due to wind threat, just to name the first three "local" areas I checked.

bushpilot

NO, STOWE SUCKS, everyone should go to the Bush thats where you will have the most fun!!!!:daffy:

No...The Bush sucks. Castlerock sucks. Everyone should stay far away! :snow:

Agreed. I was at sugarbush today. All the snow is gone. They started mountain biking early. Apparently stowe is the only place with snow and I hear it will be epic! :-o

Cornhead

Just shoveled about 8" of fluff at 6 AM, Binghamton, NY. Gonna throw my powder skis on my rack and try and hit Greek after work. Be nice if they let us leave early. Plan on taking tomorrow off and probably hitting Platty.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

WWF-VT

Thirteen degrees and the snow started about 7 AM here in Fayston, VT....looks like I'll be doing the afternoon shift at Mt Ellen today

MMP

Stratton today, magic tomorrow. Nuking in Londonderry VT. 16 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnardawg

Not that it matters to the mountains but this storm is going to be a bust in Boston. Thank god

cdskier

Not that it matters to the mountains but this storm is going to be a bust in Boston. Thank god

One could argue that it does matter to the mountains as the shifting track is what is helping VT see their projected totals continue to rise. :snow:

KustyTheKlown

the storm track shifted north and west, sparing nyc and boston of the real brutal shit, but blessing all of new england ski country. i'm working from home anyway and it's chill as fuck. there are about 4-6" outside, with more drifted onto my car apparently. already did the first dig out of the day. i think it's easier to go out 2-3 times than handle it all at once.

vt is about to get pummeled with 2 feet and a 6" refresh friday-sunday!!!!!!

i'm gonna burke>magic

cdskier

It looks like a foot, foot and a half so far in NW Jersey. I'm about 10 minutes from Mountain Creek.

Maybe 6" or so in southern Bergen County so far. The sleet has really held down the accumulations here. Not that I'm complaining. I care more that VT gets hammered, which is exactly what looks like will happen.

skimagic

Here in the Central CT ski region,( Mt southington + Powder Ridge, both closed today) snow has transitioned to sleet wit the inland storm track progressing. 14" on ground.

benski

2 ft on the ground in Binghamton. My plow guy needs to get towed because there is that much snow in the parking lot.

WWF-VT

My guess is that there was 10-12" of fresh powder when I finished up late this afternoon at Mt Ellen. rocks860 and I were among the "crowd" of maybe 50 people on the mountain this afternoon. Brambles and Inverness FTW! Still snowing hard at 5:30 PM.

rocks860

I went back out to my car which had been parked at mount Ellen from about 12-3 and there was a solid 8 inches on it. The snow came up above where my car door opens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk